Home

Great Work - Please don't quit.

Swampsurfer

Hi all,

I just wanted you to know that I have been a big fan of the Dark Forces / Jedi Knight PC Games ever since I got my first computer back in 1994. I have been very involved in STAR WARS Galaxies and was putting off purchasing Jedi Academy until it dropped to $ 10 US at WAL*MART (like it's predicessor Jedi Outcast).

As much as I liked Jedi Outcast, I was not ready to purchase at full price in light of the many other STAR WARS titles comming out.

However, this all changed when I saw that DARK FORCES MOD 2 was only available for Jedi Academy. I purchased my software at $19.99 US at GameStop just to relive those most memorable moments of the first three levels of Dark Forces in a fresh and amazing new engine.

Thank you so much for releasing these levels & PLEASE don't stop. I have been checking back every other month or so, hoping to see the project completed.

This MOD should be backed by LucasArts just for the sake of it's collectablity. They should also, contract you folks to convert Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith too, but that's hoping for a bit much, I know.

Anyway, I'm here crossing my fingers that you folks see this through to completion. You've done such a fine job so far, be a terrible thing not to be able to complete the adventure.

Sincerely,

Swampsurfer

Glad to hear that... I honestly was getting VERY worried that this project had been abandoned, especially since the promised page update has been put off so long... ('couple of weeks' was said in early November ;)) Teh forums going silent as well seemingly really had me worried.

Yeah, it does look kinda quiet from the outside, but I'm sure work on the mod'll pick up soon, if it hasn't already. This mod team is quite dedicated, as evidenced by the release of the second demo. Looking forward to the site update even though I've already forgotten what's supposed to be in it ;). Of course, you're lucky I'm not in charge of anything; then nothing'd ever get done.

By the way, Jennaida, I used to live in Sioux Falls; in fact I was just on the phone with my aunt who lives in Tea. A bit colder there than here, which is not always a bad thing.:)

Originally posted by SlicerDude

By the way, Jennaida, I used to live in Sioux Falls; in fact I was just on the phone with my aunt who lives in Tea. A bit colder there than here, which is not always a bad thing.:)

Heh, yeah, it was lovely today, it warmed up seemingly all day, it went from snow, to freezing drizzle, now is up to regular drizzle at 34. Which means it'll start freezing again shortly.

And letting people see the 'real' update page sounds nice if the one shown now isn't going to be updated. :)

We already had such an "everyone-of-the-team-can-post-news" feature, but it was never really used.

The team lead wants to control a bit the information that goes out.

And this is to be discussed internally first i guess :rolleyes:

Anyway, the big update with lots of new screenshots is still WIP & WID :p

Sorry guys - it's my fault really. I'm going travelling for 3 1/2 months, leaving at the beginning of March. Therefore, I have a lot to organise before I disappear.

That, and the fact my job has been really busy the last few months. Then I went down with a 2 week chest infection. The project just hasn't been priority for me recently. Anyway, that update *is* on the way (a large chunk of it is already done, and waiting on my hard drive).

It hasn't helped that Dave (the project lead) has been moving house too, and I need to consult with him over the progress page, what screenshots to release etc. We are by no means "dead," in fact we've come a long way since the recent demo.

It's just that team members all have jobs, lives and other commitments too, so we work on the mod when we can. The fact that I've been really busy, has meant no updates, and therefore everyone jumps to the conclusion that the mod is "dead." This baby's ALIVE :D

Archived