Home

Adding sounds from KOTOR NPCs to TSL PCs?

EmperorJello

Seems vBulletin ate a post on this I just made a few minutes ago...

Anyways, I was asking whether it would be possible to take the sounds from KOTOR's male PC and Bastila NPC and use them on TSL's male and female PCs.

It just bothers me that the PC is now completely silent, and I want him/her to have sounds when selected, undergoing combat, or trying to open locks--like all the other characters do.

Would this be possible with KOTOR Tool? What files would I need to extract/modify/replace in order to do so?

Much thanks.

Originally posted by EmperorJello

Seems vBulletin ate a post on this I just made a few minutes ago...

Anyways, I was asking whether it would be possible to take the sounds from KOTOR's male PC and Bastila NPC and use them on TSL's male and female PCs.

It just bothers me that the PC is now completely silent, and I want him/her to have sounds when selected, undergoing combat, or trying to open locks--like all the other characters do.

Would this be possible with KOTOR Tool? What files would I need to extract/modify/replace in order to do so?

Much thanks.

i would kill to have darth nilihus voice set that has that freaky language that he talk to vias in.

Originally posted by EmperorJello

Yup. That's my problem... I have no idea where KOTOR stores the sounds for the male PC and Bastila, and no idea how to make TSL use 'em.

i FOUND the sound files of that freakish language

its located at stream voice/avo/AVO_NihilAngL1

Hm. The soundfiles I want might be in the Streamsounds folder, but they won't play... even if I rename them to mp3 or use Miles Sound Studio. The ones in the streammusic and streamsounds play well enough, though.

I think they're in there, because the file names suggest that they have the various sounds the characters make when poisoned, opening locks, etc.

For the female NPC, simply use the latest version of tk102's savegame editor to change to Bastila's soundset. TSL already has the Bastila soundset- I have been using this set with my female PC and it works; you don't have to dig around trying to find stuff with kotor tool or anything. I don't know about the Darth Nihilus(or however you spell it) soundset for the male PC. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Bimmerman850CSi

For the female NPC, simply use the latest version of tk102's savegame editor to change to Bastila's soundset. TSL already has the Bastila soundset- I have been using this set with my female PC and it works; you don't have to dig around trying to find stuff with kotor tool or anything. I don't know about the Darth Nihilus(or however you spell it) soundset for the male PC. Hope this helps.

darth nilihus dont have soundset so you gott to make a new one for him...

Archived