Home

Star Wars d20 source material

SortEngel

This isn't specifically about any of the games, but it's very related, so hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

After spending many many hours playing KotOR 2 (and, earlier, KotOR 1), I've discovered I love the setting a lot, and for gaming purposes, I think I like it better than the setting from the movies. So I've decided I want to see if I can get a pen and paper campaign going set to the era of KotOR (either just before the games, or in the timeframe during the games). Obviously though, the games themselves doesn't provide nearly enough material for a pen and paper RPG campaign, and so I'm asking here if anyone know where I might find a good source of campaign information. Basically, what I need is a galaxy map, planet descriptions (other than the ones featured in the games), and just about anything that can be used to create a living RPG setting 4000 years before the time of the movies.

Any help, links and info much appreciated :)

From the forum description I figured that was about roleplaying, as in writing stories and in-character posting. That's not what I'm looking for, I'm looking for some information about where I can find background material for the old republic era (specifically the KotOR era) which could be used for the Star Wars d20 Roleplaying game.

If I've misinterpreted the forum charter, then maybe a mod can please move this to the appropriate forum? :)

I'm sorry, but what I'm planning is a regular campaign with a group of friends. I don't like PbM much, so that's not something I want to get into :)

Not having much luck finding background material though, so it looks like I'll need to create some stuff using the existing sourcebooks as a guide, and then play it by ear as I go. Should make for some fun that ;)

There is a fan made SWRPG d20 fan suppliment out that is fantastic (close to professional quality). It covers the era KOTOR is set in, and has stats and info on the Republic, Jedi, Sith, Mandalorians, and other groups like the Exchange. There are NPCs from the game as well as all the vehicles, equipment, and weapons. I can't remember where I downloaded it from. I'm not an pen and paper RPGer by any stretch, but I suppose you could find it on the main SWRPG boards somewhere. There is also an official Jedi RPG sourcebook that has some info on that era as well.

If you can't find the fan supplement, let me know. I think I still have it on my harddrive somewhere...

Man, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for :) I'll try and find it, but if you still have it I'd really appreciate if you mailed it to me (my address is ensnared (at) gmail (dot) com).

The Jedi book you mention, could it be the Tales of the Jedi Companion from the old RPG system? A friend of mine has it and let me borrow it just now, I haven't had the chance to look at it yet, but it covers that exact era (4000 years before the movies). Converting it to the d20 system shouldn't be too much work :)

Archived