Home

KOTOR 2 Game Issues Guide Now Available!

Kiwegapa

You're welcome. If I can save some people the frustration of having to reformat or return the game without having to, I'll be happy.

I do have a request. Can anyone please contact me if they can take two screenshots, one showing lightsaber glows (Frame Buffer Effects enabled) and the same shot without the glows? I'd appreciate it.

i'm not trying to be too picky here, but in your bug guide, i noticed that you said to turn off the soft shadows if you have an ATI video card. well, i have a Radeon 9700 Pro with soft shadows enabled, 4x AF, and 6x AA enabled, and i still get 35-40 fps. granted, i run the game at 1024x768, but i still get a good framerate. (curiously, i can run half-life 2 at full AF and 4x AA and still get from 65-100+ fps :eyeraise: )

oh, and the pictures for the frame buffer effects, i'll post some up when i get home in about 2 hrs or so. ;)

Originally posted by stingerhs

well, i have a Radeon 9700 Pro with soft shadows enabled, 4x AF, and 6x AA enabled, and i still get 35-40 fps. granted, i run the game at 1024x768

Hell!

I've got an x800pro and your system runs better than mine! Sigh, Ati better do something about it.

Btw, I put back the openGL thing for 5.2 instead of 4.1 because the frame rate is really low most of the time. For example, in Nar Shaada, FPS is 10-25 (with 4.1 OpenGL), but 30-45 (with 5.2 OpenGL).

AA - 4x

AF - 16x

Resolution 1024x768 at 85Hz

Soft Shadows - on

V-sync - on

Frame Buffer EFfects - on

Btw, does the desktop frequency thing improve FPS?

j3di_sean- if you want a better framerate, try turning off the vsync. sometimes, it makes for a drastic improvement in performance (other times, it makes little difference, but never a negative difference). as for the refresh frequencey (which is what i'm assuming you were trying to refer to), it doesn't make much of a difference in performance, but a higher refresh frequency is easier on the eyes.

Kiwegapa- i use the 5.2 catalyst drivers. they work just fine for me.

as a general statement to help most people understand some unusual performance numbers from me: my card is not an OEM card. instead, its a Powercolor card that uses the 9700 Pro chipset. apparently, Powercolor overclocked the card at the factory to run it almost at the same speed as a 9800 XT chipset. ;)

Archived