Home

My take on the storyline of Kotor2 (possible spoilers)

Darth Deseria

I think this is the most unoriginal sequel I have played. It like watching Back to the future then watching Back to the future part 2.

There are tons of things in the story that are exactly the same with the exception that its a diffrent planet. For example you crash before the finale on part 1 and lo and behold you do the same in part2. Stuff like that.

You would think they would be more original with their storyline, instead of chocking a game full of the same stuff as the first except making it diffrent species or planets.

Don't get me wrong I still like the game, I just wished they would of made it more unique then the first.

obviously you guys are being sarcastic and are satisfied with the same game being rehashed in a slightly diffrent context in part 2.

There are so many things that are the same aside from the obvious things that you two mentioned. I could probably replay the game and add up 50 things that are the same storyline wise. You guys have mentioned items in the story but I was referring to the story line and it's progression.

mysterious amnesia

another mandalorian sidekick

another guy similiar to Carth

That's just for starters on the top of my head.

Originally posted by Darth Deseria

obviously you guys are being sarcastic and are satisfied with the same game being rehashed in a slightly diffrent context in part 2.

There are so many things that are the same aside from the obvious things that you two mentioned. I could probably replay the game and add up 50 things that are the same storyline wise. You guys have mentioned items in the story but I was referring to the story line and it's progression.

mysterious amnesia

another mandalorian sidekick

another guy similiar to Carth

That's just for starters on the top of my head.

Kidding aside, I definitely see your point Darth Deseria. TSL was almost indeed a more advanced mock-up (minus the plot :rolleyes: ) of KotOR.

I mean, yes, amnesia... your character is again the 'pivot' of the Galaxay, striking resemblance of Revan's old crew qualities in TSL...

Atton = Carth

Kreia / Visas = Bastila

Mandalore = you know who

T3 = well... T3

Handmaiden = better version of Mission with her "naivete" to others outside her "territory"

etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love TSL even with it's bugs, and granted the dev's weren't given the time they wanted. Hell, even Lucas took 2-3 years between each movie release, but he didn't have the "shirts" breathing down his neck with a dead-line.

I think they both have their own unique charms, and well let's face it...flowing robes kick-ass ;)

Well, there are many similarities but I would say that it's too similar.

I only frowned upon the main quest being a wee bit too similar to KOTOR I(you know, looking for hidden Star Maps, looking for hidden Jedi, come on) and Trayus Academy being basically a lousy and more boring unstressful Star Forge. Hell, at least on the Star Forge, the poured so many enemies it felt overwhelming.

Trayus was a walk in the park.

The characters are only similar in the roles they play but remember that KOTOR I took a lot from the OT so basically, KOTOR I is also unoriginal.

Most of the side quests are also similar. Few were actually original(like playing pazaak to save the dancing twi'lek on Telos). It was a bit boring there.

Obsidian entertainment isn't really known for their writers. I didn't expect a mind blowing story :rolleyes:

But I agree with you, it didn't capture me like the first did. There were times, on my first run through, when I was -very- tempted to click through conversations... Seriously, some, especially with HK-47, are like 15 minutes long. Gets tiring. And the final boss was SO pathetic. Malak was all like, WHAMMY, suckin the life out of stuff, and you're all like, JUST DIE! AAAH I LOVE IT. But with you know who, it's like WHAM. Down. Oh, look at that... up again, with some purple lightsabers. WHAM again. Wow, that sucked.

Archived