Home

KOTOR II "QUIRKS" and FLUB UPS

General Kenobi

I wanted to start a tread so If anyone finds a "bug" or screw-up in the game they could post it here. That way someones 20 hr long character doesn't become hopelessly trapped somewhere.

IN MY CASE:

Playing through the PC version 3rd time through I am not listening to the dialogue or following instructions like I should.

ON PERAGUS:

When you talk to HK-50 and you are trying to gain access to the tunnel where you need the dead dudes voice recog. code spoken by him. DON'T explore and destroy at random. It is possible to destroy the console you use to unlock the security door "BEFORE" you actually get the code from HK-50 and open it. If you destroy it beforehand you will be hopelessly stuck on that level.

It's a WOW Word Of Warning......lol

A number of us with Nvidia video cards have been posting in the tech support thread. Apparently, we can only finish the game is Dantooine is the last planet we visit. Otherwise, when we land on Dantooine to meet the jedi in the enclave, we can't get off of the ship with CTD.

If you have an NVIDIA, plan on doing Onderon, Nar Shaddaa and Korriban before Dantooine.

Originally posted by vjm757

A number of us with Nvidia video cards have been posting in the tech support thread. Apparently, we can only finish the game is Dantooine is the last planet we visit. Otherwise, when we land on Dantooine to meet the jedi in the enclave, we can't get off of the ship with CTD.

If you have an NVIDIA, plan on doing Onderon, Nar Shaddaa and Korriban before Dantooine.

I have a Nvidia Card and I haven't run into that problem but have you tried to update your vidieo card drive lately

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93

click on this link to get the most recent driver for geforce cards

Originally posted by vjm757

Yeah, we've all done the 66.93 update (that's what LucasArts emailed us to do, as well) and it still doesn't work.

Just have to go to Dantooine last until they come out with a patch.

when you open the launcher for the game try to configure the game again and see if it says that you meet all the requirements because I have a Geforce 4 MX 440 128 MB with the current driver and I have no problems

To get my KOTOR and KOTOR II working correctly on my PC's both for Intel graphics cards and Nvidia (I have both in different machines) I found that if you update the graphics card driver from the manufacturer's website (not windows update or the like) and update open gl (from an open gl website that lists your graphics card specifically) it works for me.

I had many many problems similar to this and that cured me. I can run it on my ThinkPad even with only an Nvidia 32mb graphics card and 256 MB of ram. Its unplayable cause its so slow but it works...

so....i'd suggest trying that.

hope that helps..

This is a really good way to level up indefinately depending on your patience.

When your inside the cave on Korriban inside the tomb itself theres one room with a dead jedi on some type of concrete or metal slab. If you take his inventory 2 or 3 Hssss will appear. If you click on him and get his inventory over and over and over it will keep spawning more beasts each time you do it.

Then just use force lightning to fry them all. Wait till your force power builds up again and start over.

I went from level 21 to 30 in about 10 minutes....lol

FYI,

Yeah, there have been several posts about that glitch and the duplicating Lightsabers glitch... and the infinite stacking crystals glitch... and the godlike Hanharr strength glitch. Atleast all the glitches have good side effects.

Originally posted by Darth Melignous

This is a really good way to level up indefinately depending on your patience.

When your inside the cave on Korriban inside the tomb itself theres one room with a dead jedi on some type of concrete or metal slab. If you take his inventory 2 or 3 Hssss will appear. If you click on him and get his inventory over and over and over it will keep spawning more beasts each time you do it.

Then just use force lightning to fry them all. Wait till your force power builds up again and start over.

I went from level 21 to 30 in about 10 minutes....lol

FYI,

Awesome think I will revisit korriban before hitting the final planet.

Archived