Home

Missing cut-scene?

jimbo32

When talking to Carth after going through the Ravager, you can ask him about Revan. At one point during the discussion, the screen fades to black when Carth responds to one of your questions and it looks like there's going to be a cut-scene. False alarm - camera goes back to your conversation with Carth.

I've been through the game twice now and have noticed this both times. Is there a scene here which may be corrupted in my install, or is it just a glitch?

It is not a missing scene and it is not a glitch.

Carth starts telling the Exile of how he met Revan and that is basically the entire story of KOTOR 1 and if you want to hear that story, you just have to play KOTOR1. As for KOTOR 2 how would it have looked? Carth: "First this happened, then this and then we did this and after that we met this and then this happened and then we flew there and they told us this...". Not to mention all the ways you could have played KOTOR 1 in your own way that it is impossible for them to tell the "real" story.

Just to be proactive: There are a lot of these moments in TSL. Most of them seem to revolve around Pazaak games that you play with various NPCs where you are assumed to win. They aren't glitches. OE just assumed that you wouldn't want to sit through a scripted Pazaak game.

As montnoir & Achilles stated they aren't glitches.

In the media world, "Fade to Black = Time Elapse" it's just the visual effect most media outlets have 'adopted' as a standard.. usually there should be a longer dissolve involved and about 1-2 seconds of VO (voiceover) during 'black', but TSL isn't known for their flawless work. Not until at least 2+ patches... hehe ;)

::EDIT::

Sorry about that montnoir :( I shall give credit where credit is due. Please accept my apologies :)

Archived