Home

Obsidian request content patch?

degage

^^ From what you said it looks like it's not going to happen so I thought what's the point of responding - nothing to support. To be honest I don't think LucasArts would ever permit an expansion pack because in doing so they'd be admitting their mistake and they're too proud to do that.

it just surprizes me with all the people bitching and ranting about how riped off they feel (understandable to me) that when they actually get a chance to "maybe" move a decision, they claim up. Just shows that all they really wanted to do was rant and rave.

well, at least some of the devs at obsidian agree that the game was rushed. well, thats what that post would have implied. of course, it got deleted, so not all the devs think that way.

is it promising? maybe, but don't get hopeful. it sounds like it was more than just Lucasarts that didn't think anything else needed to be done with the game. :(

Most likely, Lucasarts has no interest in doing a content patch. The admins/mods at Obsidian forums are currently permitting discussion of the possibility, but the devs are no longer voicing opinions (it was originally Chris Avallone who wrote the words "Content Patch" in response to fan inquiry) , presumably because any opinion might imply discord between LA and OE and make for bad PR, which benefits no one, really, not even fans.

Archived