Home

Messed up textures

swindle

When I install reskins of faces, robes or anything else the textures look odd. Like they are too bright or something.

Here is an example:

http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=messedup9ol.jpg

and it is like that for every mod.

That is from Nequams New female PC pack

Any ideas as to what is causing this?

I have also checked around these forums for similar problems and didn't find anything useful.

It looks like poor save quality, like it was saved as 24 bit instead of 32. I am probably wrong, but without the creator's screenshots its impossible to know if its his error or a graphical issue with your PC. If no other textures look that way, I'd have to say its due to poor save quality.

Originally posted by swindle

When I install reskins of faces, robes or anything else the textures look odd. Like they are too bright or something.

and it is like that for every mod.

Do you have your games display texture settings set to High? If not, your system is downsampling the texture to 256 colors, the 'splotchy' skin is usually a sign of lower sampled skins.

It could be the skin that was used for the mod as well. If it was edited from a lower sample texture (and your settings are set to High)... then your system is 'stretching' the 256 color sample to fill in millions+ color per pixle...

What sort of video card do you have? I too have the same problem and I think it is related to ATI video cards, because this happens with any re-skin that wasn't originally in the gmae, and I have all my settings on high, so I don't know what the problem could be, but there have been numerous complaints about ATI video cards at the Obsidian boards so that too could be the problem, it doesn't bother me too much and if it is related to the video cards they better have a patch out for it soon.

Originally posted by maverick187

What sort of video card do you have? I too have the same problem and I think it is related to ATI video cards, because this happens with any re-skin that wasn't originally in the gmae, and I have all my settings on high, so I don't know what the problem could be, but there have been numerous complaints about ATI video cards at the Obsidian boards so that too could be the problem, it doesn't bother me too much and if it is related to the video cards they better have a patch out for it soon.

Must be the card then, as I am using an ATI card as well... that blows, thanks for the help guys

It sounds like a display driver issue to me. Are all of you guys running that latest Catalyst versions from ATI? You should also check the texture and mipmap detail settings in your advanced display properties control panel, since low settings there result in the kind of problems you guys are having.

Archived