Home

Hero Ships?

No.

"Hero ships" attract shots and thus either have to be made much more powerful than would be reasonable, or get blown up at once. My compromise to ships, though, is this: You can't build the Falcon, but you can build YT-1300 transports. You can't build the Home One, but you can build that kind of Calamarian Cruisers. And so on).

Also, I don't like the concept of "Yay, I killed Vader! No, wait, there he is again! Die! Good, he's gone. No, ..." Get my point? That always bothered me in games like Battle for Middle Earth: Heroes came right back. Plus it makes little sense if you're playing, say, rebel vs. rebel and you both have a Millenium Falcon.

Special characters like officers, etc.? No problem. Heroes? No thanks, with respect.

As for whether or not I think they'll be in, though... Who knows. I'm afraid they'll do as the SW and LOTR developers have done and cram in heroes. But I can't be sure.

(This'll be a lo-o-ong thread;))

Here's how we should do hero ships.

You have a hero (say, Han Solo, for instance)

Put Han inside a YT-1300 freighter. Slowly, the hit points increase, it gets a better armament, better deflector shields, gets faster, etc.

Another Example would be like putting Vader on a SSD( if it exists) Because it was his flagship, it had the crack officers, so it moves a bit faster, shoots more accurate, maybe a little more powerful, etc. After a while the vehicle gets renamed because it has taken an identity. You can do this with Luke and his X-wing (it gets faster and works more efficiently because R2 is the droid in it) Ackbar and Home One as you mentioned, etc. Maybe Thrawn and the Chimera or some cool touch.

That could be done with "normal" special units, too. Give a ship a more experienced crew and it repairs damage better, aims better, and so on. If you put a skilled captain on a Calamarian Cruiser, it'd fight better. And so on.

The problem is that hero ships which are nothing but ships with heroes in them would still be gun bait, I'm afraid (maybe less if they aren't clearly labelled to the enemy.) And when they blow, you'll have to re-spawn your hero, so there we have that problem coming back again, too.

Unless, of course, heroes were truly unique and could only be used once. That could actually make for some really interesting episodes... Meh:confused: .

How about if a hero's ship is shot down he 'ejects' his ship and ship improvements are lost, but you still get the buffs that the hero has (maybe he provides morale buffs, etc).

If you want to use your shot down hero in subsequent missions you have to put him into a new ship and essentially start leveling that ship over again.

Archived