Home

Warned Warez Suspects:

Kurgan

Phirestorm Claimed he was having problems with his CD Key and had thrown away his receipt.

Didn't ask for a new CD key directly, but adamantly claimed he his copy was legit.

I gave him 24 hours to cough up some proof, and he gave us a digicam snapshot of the game box. Could have been faked of course, but I let him go.

Status: Not yet banned. Watch him for further outburts. Next time we won't be so lenient.

========================

Please add any future people here suspected of pirating Republic Commando who post on our forums. Obviously we can't read minds or catch everyone, but people who make it clear on our boards will be watched.

Note: 24 Hour Ultimatums should ONLY be given by Admins, and only after we suspect a person may be advertising that they've warezed the game. Simply using CD cracks isn't proof enough.

The ultimatum should be issued in the thread where the person posted, AND a copy should be PMed to the person directly. Once the 24 hours are up, the evidence should be searched for. If it's not found, the person should be banned. They can obviously appeal after being banned, but by emailing the staff, not by creating new accounts to publically whine.

• 3 weeks later...

Possible suspect: Lord Haine

Sweet,

cant wait till i get this, after ive finished downloading KotOR2 i will give this a try

He´talking about warez kotor2 in my opinion. Edited his post and made him prove he obtained a legal version to Kurgan. Keep us updated ;)

I haven't heard anything from this guy at all. Did you issue an ultimatum? Show me the link... Or are you saying he already proved it?

Warez suspects are very very rare on LucasForums anymore. I figured there'd be a lot more of them on here, but there haven't been (and I'm pleased). I guess they learned their lesson with JA (where we had 50 accounts banned for it)!

You just figure, about the time a new hyped game comes out, some people will be dumb enough to let on that they warezed it on the forums within a few weeks.

Good, good, just checking! ;)

Talking to him via PM now. He claimed he didn't have a digicam or scanner, I told him to take it to a copy store and scan it.

I didn't give him an ultimatum (and no time limit) but I'll see what he does. If anything it will shut him up about "downloading" heh. ; p

Lord Haine was warned, several days later he sent me a pic:

http://img65.exs.cx/img65/5703/dscf07224ph.th.jpg via PM and I told him I'd accepted it and he's 'in the clear' as far as I'm concerned.

The above pic is only a thumbnail but it goes to:

http://img65.exs.cx/img65/5703/dscf07224ph.jpg

I just told him to be more careful in his choice of words in the future (his "downloading" comment started all this business).

Archived