Home

Saves, How important?

Ok I've got another question for all you guys who have experience with the DnD line of games. How important are "Saves" in the game. Throughout the game you routinely get item that boost different Saves. I usually ignore them in favor of items that boost Str, Dex, Wis, etc...depending on my character. Is this a mistake, should I be looking at some of these items more carefully?

What exactly do they save you from anyway?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Achilles D'Aix

Ok I've got another question for all you guys who have experience with the DnD line of games. How important are "Saves" in the game. Throughout the game you routinely get item that boost different Saves. I usually ignore them in favor of items that boost Str, Dex, Wis, etc...depending on my character. Is this a mistake, should I be looking at some of these items more carefully?

What exactly do they save you from anyway?

Thanks.

Much in the same premise of DnD, saves in TSL will guard against affects of anything ranging from Hostile Force Powers to Posion, etc.

Though in a sense, the route you're taking will also raise your saves (by raising your Ability scores), though not to the same magnitude as some of the "save specific" items...

I tend to carry a few items with me for situations where I know (or can pretty much determine) the bonuses will come in handy. If I know I'm going to be fighing a high level Sith/Jedi I'll equip myself with the upped saves items to resist their Force based attacks. You can always raise your abilities via Force power or stims...so don't worry about the sudden ability score drop (unless of course it makes you unable to equip the upped save item ;) )..same goes for a situation where I know I might be encountering posion (creature or mine), then I'll equip the "upped poison saves" item... etc

Rarely however, will I wear the "upped saves" item at all times. Too many ability score checks are incorporated into the game via conversations or such to warrant "missing out" because of a failed ability check roll.. ;)

Archived