Home

Duellers unite! A Shameless promotion of my guide

DarthMuffin

Since the release of the prequel movies, lightsabre fighting has evolved a lot. Now, most (if not all) of the newer games developed by LucasArts (JA, KotOR I & II) give you the opportunity to wield two sabres at once, or the now-famous double-bladed sabre. KotOR II even gives three new feats to make dual-wielding even better. Nothing new for duelling.

Browsing both the BioWare and Obsidian boards, you can see topics such as :

"Which is better? Duals or Staff?"

Why is duelling never mentioned?

"Cuz singles suck! Staff roxorz all"

To counter the increasing threats (to start with a SW quote :p ) of Maul and damage fanatics, I wrote a guide that covers the creation and gameplay of a melee fighting Jedi using the duelling feats and, of course, a single sabre. I had done the same for KotOR I, and received a sufficient amount of mails from people approving my ideas. Anyway, it's not complete yet, but I'm working hard on it.

So this topic is merely a shameless plug for my work. Drop by at GameFAQs and look for the Duelling Jedi Guide :)

Nice guide, I'm not really a big fan of single sabers, I usually let the class decide. In wich case I go guardian 2 sabers, sentinel 2bladed saber and consular single saber. I can see the benefits of single sabers though, and I wouldn't recommend 2 sabers to any non-guardian (as a cunsular you need the defense badly). I have notices that every class has the same BAB as well (and I don't like it, it's only natural for a guardian to have a higher BAB than a consular, though I expect they did it on purpose) I really hope this is changed back for K3. T3 also gets some nice items usable by him only, a regenerating droid upgrade and a renewable droid shield (like the one you can buy in K1 on the Yavin space station, unlimited uses). And I'm not a big fan of G0T0 either.

I don't really know what you mean with armor as there is some armor that doesn't restrict the use of Force Powers. I really like the looks of Zeison Sha armor (blue colored armor/robe combination, requires light armor feat though) and the stats as well (AC 4 or 5, though Norris looks nice as well add a nice regenerating underlay (I think a regenerating underlay is Jedi-ish as well) and a good overlay and you can take some serious beating.

For the saber I really recommend either the pontite lens (attack +1 damage bonus 2-12) however the adegan lenswill do nicely if you don't have the pontite lens (adegan damage bonus 1-12, checked both at gamebanshee)

In K2 I am tempted to go with a single saber more than I was in K1, this is because in K1 you had to choose between MotF or HotG color crystals , they both look wonderfull I think, though not traditional (MotF = Cyan and HotG = Orange if I remember correctly)

Also I start with 16 str, 10 dex 12 con 14 int (spend all point on demolitions, medicals and awareness, rely on Force Persuade instead of the skill) 14 wis, 10 cha. If consular I swap wis and strenght. I spend all att points I gain after creation in strenght, unless consular, then I spend them in wis.

Anyway singles don't suck, but I don't think any style sucks

BTW I've just read about a 2bladed saber doing 1.5 times the modifier on the right hand and 0.5 times on the left hand when it was supposed to do 1.0 on the right hand and 0.5 on the left hand or something like that, if this is true I'd say it's just a bug and the saberstyle can't do anything about that.

^^^^

i definately agree about the armor thing. sure the zeishon shaw and similar armors have a limit on dex, but how often are you going to go over that dex limit??

those armors have a max dex limit of 4. that means you would have to have a dex of 20 before you would be limited in your dex bonus. and don't forget that the 'initiate' types of those armors grant (i think) +3 to defense. that ain't bad considering only 3 of the master robes offer that high of a defense bonus.

and the best part about those armors is that they don't restrict your force powers.

just helping you 'crunch' the numbers a bit. ;)

Thanks for the replies and comments :)

About my avatar : You just can't mess with such a charismatic face :p

About armours : Early on, armours are indeed your best choice for protection. Those who do not limit force powers are of course useful throughout the whole game. The reason why I favour robes is because I simply think that a Jedi should stay in robes :) A little roleplaying once in a while never hurts, you know. There are also some great robes out there (like huge bonuses to wisdom, or some damage immunity (a 20% against energy, i.e. sabres and blasters, never hurts)). The main downside is that most of them can't be upgraded... how sad.

Anyway. Thanks for the support!

I have found the dual wielder in EP II, it's when some sort of blast (wich looks like the blasts from the geonosian guns, only bigger) destroys a pillar. Obi-wan get's thrown of the beast they were riding (forgot the name) and in the background on the lower left of the middle is the dual wielder (blue and green sabers). You also get to see a very smaal part of the beast they were riding.

It's 39 minutes from the end of my tape (my VCR counts from the back of the tape). There are deleted scenes after the movie (taking app 10-15 minutes tapetime) and something called the connections up front. BTW I have a dutch subtitled tape. You'll have to rewind a bit and view it a few times. It's before Dooku demands surrender.

Originally posted by jedi3112

I have found the dual wielder in EP II, it's when some sort of blast (wich looks like the blasts from the geonosian guns, only bigger) destroys a pillar. Obi-wan get's thrown of the beast they were riding (forgot the name) and in the background on the lower left of the middle is the dual wielder (blue and green sabers). You also get to see a very smaal part of the beast they were riding.

It's 39 minutes from the end of my tape (my VCR counts from the back of the tape). There are deleted scenes after the movie (taking app 10-15 minutes tapetime) and something called the connections up front. BTW I have a dutch subtitled tape. You'll have to rewind a bit and view it a few times. It's before Dooku demands surrender.

Yes, I saw it too. Someone even mailed me screen shots. I'm just waiting for the next big update to correct my mistake (no point in updating for 5 words). Anyway, it is important to note that only single wielders survive until the end :)

Archived