Home

XWA Upgrade project Q

Guest Rivers

This is the mail I sent to XWA Upgrade Team, unforunately I didn't recieve any reply, so I am sending it here. I hope I'll get some inteligent answer, from you mighty starfighters.

Sorry for not rewritting my mail. smile.gif

Hello X-Wing upgrade team, you made really excelent work, but I wont waste your time any further and I'll proceed to my question. I just upgraded my XWA v2.02 applying your patch. Everthing works nicely, but when I look at the list of models to see info they look just like on your pictures. Problem occured when I started game to see the models in action. When I fly near the ship there's no pilot in the cockpit, no windows, just nothing. I mean that the cabin looks like it loked in original version. Yes it's not the same cabin when talking about the shape, but things metioned above are missing. It's major for all the ships, your team remade. Another strange thing is that when I look, when playing, at jets(turbins) of X-Wing. They are not as nice as they look on your page and in the info section of the game. They're as crude as the were originally. Info section - I mean these rotating models in the holo.

Thanks for yor time spent by reading, and I hope replying on this mail.

With best wishes to your work. Mike Rivers

Are you sure? Because everything is ok on my end, as a matter of fact, I noted to the XWAUP team how impressed I was because I could 'see' the head of the rebel pilot turning his head back and forth in his cockpit of the Y-wing! If anything you may have to un-install, re-install: XWA, add xwaupd 2.02, NCA patch then NCA 1.2b, 'then' RFP in that order, then check or uncheck the boxes of your choice..that's it!

Guest BanzaiZAP

Actually, all the main Rebel starfighters have visible cockpits: A-Wing, B-Wing, X-wing, Y-Wing, and I think even the Z-95. The Imp fighters don't, regardless of who is flying them.

And Rivers, do make sure you loaded the RFP absolutely last, and make sure you are in full 3D accelerated mode. Software drivers can't handle it. Also make sure the ship detail is cranked up, so it'll use the full modelling even at middle range.

-- B)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all whi gave me valuable advices.!

I've got one more Q.

Let's revise: I install the game, then apply 2.02 patch, then RFP. Setting all details to max. Then everythig should go smooth. Am I right? I'll be able to see pilots in cockpits, even if they are not players ships? I hope so. I just skimmed throught the XWA site and on one (the last one on the right bottom) picture of upgraded X-Wing I saw exactly the same shot of that ship that I want to get rid of. I mean, there's no pilot in the the cockpit visible, turbins are really rough ect.. you'll see on your own eyes if you look at it.

In a few minutes I am gonna install THE GAME and we'll see.

Thanks again. (You'll hear about my problems soon I guess smile.gif )

Rivers.

Archived