Home

gAME PROBLEMS?

Revan23

hmm, out of curiousity, how many programs do you have running in the taskbar when you're trying to run kotor??? (the taskbar is the space beside the clock on your desktop)

if you have a lot of them open, or they just aren't doing anything, close some of them out and see if that helps. however, if you're on a broadband connection, i would recommend that you don't close out your firewall and your anti-virus programs for security reasons. other programs like AOL, AIM, Windows Messenger, etc can be safely turned off in order to free up some memory.

hope that helps. :)

well, i'm assuming that you can still reach the main menu. go into your graphics options and try running the textures at low quality and your screen resolution at 800x600. this will drastically reduce the amount of info that has to be loaded by the game, and it should work. if that doesn't work, i have a couple of other ideas that you can try, if you're willing.

and i'm sorry i didn't get back to you very quickly.

i think i may have figured out your problem. find your swkotor2.ini file and goto the graphics options. there is an option there called "Fullscreen". according to the info you posted, you're trying to run the game in windowed mode since the Fullscreen option is set to "0". change it to 1 so that it looks like "Fullscreen=1". this should (hopefully) solve your problem. :)

Edit: and don't forget to save the changes you made to the file!! ;)

hmm, okay. i'm even starting to run out of ideas for you. :rolleyes:

there is one option left, assuming its related to the video: try running third-party drivers for your video card. i reccommend the Omega drivers, since they tend to be much more flexible. but you might be taking a risk there since the latest versions are based on the 5.1 catalyst drivers instead of the current 5.3 catalyst drivers. the DNA drivers are really the only other third-party drivers i reccommend using. but try the Omega drivers before you try the DNA drivers.

be aware: its always best to completely uninstall your old drivers from the "Add or Remove Programs" section of the Control Panel before you install the new drivers.

Omega Drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net

DNA Drivers: http://www.dna-drivers.com/index.php

in that case, its probably not a problem with the video. the next culprit i can think of would be the sound card. try updating your sound card drivers and see if that helps.

and don't freak out. problems like these just simply take some diagnosing (which takes time). at the time being, we've ruled out problems with the processor, video, and your install disks being corrupted. just stick with it with some patience and some diligence, and we can get this thing solved sooner or later. :)

This worked for me on an older machine with KOTOR I.

Try this:

1. Uninstall the game, delete the folder it leaves behind, then restart.

2. Uninstall/reinstall your video drivers.

3. Start your computer in Safe Mode and then reinstall the game.

Hope it works.

Revan23: Some people cannot get the game to work despite having an apparently good hardware setup. It looks like you have the latest video drivers. Please also make sure you have the latest sound and motherboard drivers. If possible try to clean out the old drivers with Driver Cleaner before installing the new drivers.

If that doesn't help, I urge you to have a little patience as there will be a patch out eventually which should help a lot of people with these issues. Hang in there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived