Home

XWA Graphical Problems.....

Guest Vader424242

Guest Vader424242

All,

I am having a problem with stuttering on XWA, most noatbly when I pass close to capital ships. It is not consistant, so my FPS is OK (all of my other games work fine), and the stuttering is but a minor annoyance. I have read other posts where people have found the game to be perfectly smooth throughout, and as a perfectionist, I am determined to solve the problem. Changing resolutions does not seem to help, either. I currently have all of the eye-candy turned on and am running at 1024x768 (but have tried it all the way down to 640x480 with no improvement). I have also tried turning each feature off in turn, with no luck. The only thing I noticed in performance was when I turn MIB mapping on, the game gets real choppy. Anyone out there have the same problem, and any idea how to solve it? Thanx!

My system:

Athlon 650Mhz

Windows 98 se

Voodoo3 3000 AGP

128M RAM

Vader424242

Cloud , If the "2mb ATi" is not a typo, then you are running XWA in software mode. No vid card with 2mb of memory can perform hardware accelaration.

don't forget that a pc's performance is not only measured by the CPU's type or speed. When you run an depending application like a 3D game, everything counts. CPU, VGA, RAM. HDD.

Even two identical PCs may not perform the same, due to differences of software loaded.

Vader, which soundcard do you have ?

------------------

"No matter how pretty the bait,

a hook is still a hook !"

TZG+7

Archived