Home

Is Influence Realistic?

kotoredout

Having played the game through as both LS and DS, I find myself wishing that that your influence on your companions actually altered their underlying morality.

You can convert the HandMaiden to total dark side mastery, but she'll still complain about siding with the mercenaries on Dantooine, for example.

Again, I suspect a totally light side Visas would still prefer to wipe out all human life

in the Onderan cantina.

It seems that their personalities are written in stone, and the whole dark/light side influence thing is just a bit of window-dressing, really.

I know the influence system exists to help enJedi your companions, and open up dialogue options, but It would have been great if their responses to events changed according to their light meters!

I agree. Generally characters are simply good or evil, and the influence improvement in Kotor II (there is no influence in Kotor I) was badly implemented. I cannot understand why, simply it can be added in npcs' dialogues a condition in which they react differently considering your and their current alignment. Perhaps someone in Obsidian staff is simply a very lazy person.

Archived