Home

3-axis joystick

Guest docrodg

Guest docrodg

OK... I purchased a Top Gun Afterburner joystick and throttle combination (despite reports from others getting the computer to like it, I have had no problems with it). Unfortunately the software seems to have a problem using my Trilogy set. In all 3 games the throttle must be moved at the start of the mission in order to get the darn thing to register. If moved prior to launch to the desired setting (or left at 100%) it is not recognized at all until moved. In addition the X-Wing Collectors Edition doesn't recognize the rudder control for this joystick. Being a hardware guy who has built servers etc. and not so much a software guy I am at a loss about these problems and possible solutions.

well i dont know about the Rudder use (spinning) in pre-XvT games. I dont those support 3 axis stick, tho you could bind it to the key commands.

And with my gaming experiance, you only need 3 thorottle controls in XWA, Full speed, match speed, and 1/3 throttle the rest is only for formation flying.

in otherwords, Throttles in XWA are pretty usless

Guest docrodg

I have noticed a decided lack of need for the throttle in between full on and stop in XWA, but i like having the rudder on it so I use it for that (and the buttons). Lucasarts site is down so I can't find out about Xwing Collectors problems until they are back online. Thanx for the help.

------------------

When in doubt use plan B.

Plan B: Wing that mother. (Make it up as you go along for you un-musically inclined people)

Archived