Home

A little JA moddeling help!

Ack

Hi guys. Does any of you know a program/editor/code/script/command that can easily take a torso/legs/head from a skin and make it a single player skin torso/legs/head? I want to take a rodian head, and stick it onto stormtrooper armor or tie fighter armor. Or Kyles head on Lukes body... I don't want to "create" my own models, I just want to take peoples bodyparts and mess around... Anyone?

You need following things:

- a color printer

- a pair of scissors

- some blank paper sheets

- paper glue stick

shall i continue? ;)

Just kidding :D

Basically all you need to do is to modify a line in the .skin file of the model in order to use e.g. a different head.

But if you try to modify the reelo skin using rosh_penin/head.jpg instead of default rodian/head.jpg, you'll see it won't work so easily.

Why? Because the head (and all the other) skins are matching their corresponding models and therefore cannot be interchanged!

You would have to either reskin them completely, or find matching model/skin pairs... :p

Lol... Too bad :) It would be awesome to see more clothings for your character. Or heads... I mean, take the alredy implented hedas bodys and legs but insert Kyles, Lukes, Rosh's and all the others bodyparts. What an awesome mix... Someone should do this as a mini-mod *hint*hint* :p

One problem with that is,... that even if you could mix and match the model parts, they wouldn't line up properly.

You would get cracks, holes, or overlapping surfaces where the different model parts come together. And while some of these combinations may look passable, others would just look bad.

Originally posted by Benevolence

An interesting combination would be to put Vader's head on a Jabba's salve outfit Leia.

Excactly! :D This is the (what I think should be*) easy simplistic mod I want. One wouldn't even have to actually "model"... Is this really so impossible?

*but I'm, again, not a modder :p

Archived