Home

I need help sooo badly, Please please please help.

justablazer

Ok heres the problem. I loaded SWG into my computer hoping to play it since its a brand new dell. I loaded it. I patched. And the when I hit play it brought me to a black screen. I pressed a button on the middle right hand side and then it said Connecting to login server or sumthing. Now I cant get past that point. Can anyone help me out. I reeeeeaaalllyyy wanna play this game. Thanks

Originally posted by justablazer

I get to a screen with a spaceship on the left and a box saying "Connecting to login server" that has a lil loading bar under it. Thats it then it hangs there. I cant figure out how to disable my virus and firewall though. Its on Open now.

Hey,

whats on "open now" ?

well i would only be worried about your firewall as your antivirus is probably not the problem.

do you have a firewall? do you definatly know whether you do or you dont?

im thinking it has something to do with what i clicked when the screen was black.

You have restarted SWG right?

Does it hang every time on that same bit?

first try closing mcaffe completely, then try SWG, if it does the same thing try reinstalling SWG

Can you tell me what the buttons are on the right hand side after the intro video? I clicked a button on the right hand side

Im sorry i dont know, i have played SWG for quite a while, im going to rejoin when the next addon is out.

And are you saying you reinstalled and re downloaded all the patches? It takes well over an hour to download those patches. How can it take you 10 minutes?

it took me 2½, hours to re patch both times

Oh i see, did you do it before you came to these forums? Fair enough.

Im sorry i cant help anymore, but hopefully someone else will see this thread and post in it. Good luck.

when you clicked it the first time you told mcafee to block swg.exe.

i have that all the time with new patches. i start the game... and right before connecting i hear the sound of windows. and there is a back screen and a the mouse mode cganges as if there is a button.

i always do alt tab when that happens. brings me back to windows and showing the screen from norton. and it asks me to allow block or let norton decide. its on block on standart.

so i suggest check your program list and unblock swg.exe :)

thats what i do sometimes

Archived