Home

In flight screen flashing

Guest metzman

Guest metzman

Help ME!

I´ve got an PII 350, 192 mb sdram, Geforce 2 MX card PCI(32 mb)

Direct X 8.0

Newest drivers for my Video card (denonate 3)

Problem:

When I analyse my computer in XWA it tells me files are missing and/or old and that videocard drivers are uncertified..

Then in game the screen flashes, but not in the hangar. WHAT´S GOING ON????

Also my Thrustmaster Rage 3D gamepad sometime leads a life of it´s own....

HELP...(please)

Guest metzman

Got all the latest drivers...

but it's strange, it looks like the dxdialog from x-wing alliance is different from my own. in my Windows DXdialog my soundcard drivers are OK, with XWA not. In both my videocard is uncertified.

Guest metzman

Wel, I formatted my harddisk again and installed everything manually and I still have problems..someone said I could move jumpers on my motherboard from my rage onboard card..but it´s different on every computer.....(?)

Now I got Direct X 7.0a again..still flashing...but turning my direct3D antiailasing to 2x2 special fixes it...but causes a lower framerate..

Guest julesh

I have also noticed this screen flashing on occasions. I'm running the game under Windows 2000 Pro and thought it was that.....

Pc----

700Mhz PIII

128MB

Creative Geforce 2 GTS

Guest julesh

Yeah could be...

The lucasarts support site is not that good either.

I may put W98 on it just in case

Guest metzman

I´m very very hungry for a X-Wing Alliance Geforce fix patch right now...HINT HINT...

Does LucasArts check these forums anyway?

Guest Expert Rookie

Rouge 9, that's not the case, I have DirectX 8 and XWA works fine, and I also have the same video card (ATI 3d Rage Pro)

------------------

"Good, our first catch of the day."

-Captain of the ISD Tyrant, seen in the Empire Strikes Back

• 3 weeks later...
Guest metzman

I fixed it! All the time my gamepad (Thrustmaster Rage 3D) was the problem, somehow conecting it to my soundcard gave conflicts or something, I now put in a USB connected gamepad that looks like the Rage 3D and my screenflashing and controlsproblems are gone! Thank God for USB.

The End

Yep i just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and had a hell of a time trying to get my sidewinder 3d pro to work on my new motherboard with on-board sound... I have since then learned that my new joystick port is not giving enough power to the digital joystick. Those ports are analog... So down the street from me there was an Office Max going out of business and i snagged a USB sidewinder precision 2 for $15.00!! Wow nice price, the stick is ok not great though... For some reason XWA is only letting me map 6 buttons and my hat.. Where as befor it let me map all 8 of the buttons... Oh well cant have everything..

Guest metzman

maybe you can download drivers for that problem...

I wonder why no one asked me before about my controller so they could have figured out that that was the source of all my problems with XWA and others like "The Battle for Naboo" and "Rogue Squadron".

[This message has been edited by metzman (edited April 02, 2001).]

Guest Vomithaus

I have a GeForce 2 PIII 933. Works fine. Having the other video card in there would be my guess... Try pulling it out as a test

Archived