Home

Unused Armors Models From TSL : Do you want them ?

lord_yig

Originally posted by lord_yig

Thanks, I appriciate a lot MattCole.

There's no doubt that someone out there would have found those models lurking around the files with Kotor Tool...;) ChAiNz.2da and others already had in fact.

Perhaps, but you my friend put them all together and posted screenies (which helps immensely)..

as MattColejk stated, you've "opened the door" to some possibilties that others may have never known about.. ;)

So take your bows man, you deserve them :D

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2daSo take your bows man, you deserve them
Thanks ChAiNz.2da I take the bow then... :D

I have tested your method to add the models using the disguise features but i end up with the right model but without any head !!! Strange... :confused:

Well i understand why i end up without any head because there aren't any head numbers in the according column in appearance.2da... This is a disguise after all so if the head disappears this is a good disguise... :D

I'd like to know if there is a way to make the default head from the character to appear while using this feature ? Otherwise i'll have to add hte model using the standard and limited method for armors...

Originally posted by lord_yig

I'd like to know if there is a way to make the default head from the character to appear while using this feature ? Otherwise i'll have to add hte model using the standard and limited method for armors...

Basically what Darth Stryke said :D

The only problem you'll run into is that you have to specify a specific head. Unfortunately, I don't know of a "wildcard" setting you can use that will enable a game to use whatever the PC's default head is.

My method tends to work best with the models that have heads "built-in" (the body + head types)... ie - the hooded darkjedi, etc.

CORRECTION: I caught myself taking undue credit. I should've said "svösh's method", for I learned the technique from the Master himself. My apologies Master svösh. :)

The only other method I know of is to replace all the pc's underwear model (modela & texa columns) to that of the model you're wanting to use. Unfortunately, this overwrites pc default underwear... (though I can't think of any moment in the game you'd want to be in your skivvy's ;) hehe)

Though if you're male, and fighting the Handmaiden, when you're in your "bare essentials"... you'll still have the appearance of the armor. Kinda dampers the RPG feel ...

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

The only problem you'll run into is that you have to specify a specific head. Unfortunately, I don't know of a "wildcard" setting you can use that will enable a game to use whatever the PC's default head is.

I feared someone would answer that !!! :rolleyes: So i guess we have to make different mods for all those models to be available for the players one at a time... Or make some choice like subtituting the Low model for the default clothes as it was suggested...

Weel i was foolish enough to hope there will be some way to add them all at the same time and without messing with other armor type... That's a pity !

At least, like you were saying, for the model with body + heads combo the disguise trick still works...

Archived