Home

Colour Zen micro

MTV2

Originally posted by MTV2

i can see if your putting music, games, videos and photos, but an mp3 player shouldnt be trusted to be a backup of all your songs.

... Then no hard drive should. All these HD MP3 players are, are small hard drives that have to meet the same standards as a normal hard drive you hook up to your computer to store data.

Originally posted by MTV2

i can see if you have 40gb of songs you get one, but i only have like 2gb so why pay $100 more for 20gb, if i will never use?

... Remind me where we're trying to convince you to buy a 20GB mp3 player.

$100 dollars more you say?

seems to only be about $10 - $20 to me

If you only have 2gb of songs, get a 5gb player. I'm not saying you shouldn't. Get what suits you.

I know my housemate bought a 5gb Creative and although he loves the player he now wishes he'd got a bigger one as he can only get about 25% of his music on there... and he inevitably doesn't have the song he wants at the right time. But different people have different requirements.

I'm just saying that the idea behind big player is to have "any song you own available at any given moment". If you can do that with 5gb then cool.

I don't rely on mine to backup all my stuff. I have it all on my PC as well (and my xbox too as a matter of fact, but that is beside the point). Not to mention i have the original CDs for about 75% of it.

Though re-ripping them all isn't something i'd look forward to!! :eek:

FYI i've ripped about 120 cd albums (i think) onto it, plus about 50 downloaded albums. That has used about 80% of the space. I still need to rip about 20 Compilation/Soundtrack cds... which should mostly fill it up, but maybe leave me 500mb or so free to use as a flash drive for storage/transfer when needed.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

... Then no hard drive should. All these HD MP3 players are, are small hard drives that have to meet the same standards as a normal hard drive you hook up to your computer to store data.

... Remind me where we're trying to convince you to buy a 20GB mp3 player.

$100 dollars more you say?

seems to only be about $10 - $20 to me

not in canadian, $50 difference here. sheesh $50 off :rolleyes:

Hmmm

Archived