Home

The Circle is now complete (Galactic Conquest)

Dagobahn Eagle

For those who play BF 1942 and didn't know (omg n00bz!!!1;)), Galactic Conquest's final release has been out for some time now. It will be further patched, but 5,2 is the last major release.

Screenshots and renders:

teaser32ek.jpg

image.php?id=26512

image.php?id=26497

image.php?id=25918

Features

• Space maps! Command a frigate, cruiser, or corvette-class ship, a transport, a repair craft, or a starfighter in 4 exciting space maps, from a boarding of a station to an all-out fleet engagement.
  • "The most complete Star Wars game ever" - 58 vehicles are yours to pwn with, from turbo laser turrets and landspeeders to TIE Fighters, AT-ATs, and Nebulon B Frigates.
  • Innovative infantry combat - deploy deflector shield domes and camouflage tents, and sprint to avoid danger.
  • A dozen maps from the Star Wars universe, including Hoth, the Death Star, Dantooine, Tatooine, an Imperial Star Destroyer, and Mon Calamari.
  • No Jedi or Sith! Experience Star Wars from the eyes of a grunt - without Vader hacking you to bits!

Trailers

Epic trailer

Action trailer

Short Release 5 trailer

If you don't have it already, you should get it now. It's big fun.

Download: http://www.lucasfiles.com (and other places).

- - D. E.

BF1942 without mods is called BF1942 vanilla.

The tanks worked in the exact same way as in vanilla. There was almost no change to how you control it, how it's driven, how it fires or its capabilities. In FH, clsoe to everything was changed about tanks. Battles were as realistic as the engine could allow and they were fun to drive and required skill to use.

I see only two reasons to people loving DC:

-It was the first mod ever made for BF1942.

-You can kill Iraqis.

For example, in Forgotten Hope you have a gun sight for tanks. In Finn Wars, you control them in a different way (two keys for the left threads and two keys for the right threads).

Also, in Forgotten Hope tanks' hit zones (if that's what you call them in BF1942-ish) were a lot more realistic. Tank threads were more vulnerable, etc.

And in Galactic Conquest, you have hover tanks (OK, not much of a difference).

Desert Combat only really added helicopters and new maps. Sure, the Abrams tank looks cooler than the Panzer IV, but it's not really changed.

I love the tanks that fire rockets, though.

As for why people like DC: I suppose they like arcade-ish modern combat, just like others like realistic WW II combat.

And in GC, a lot of things are different, like deployable shields, fighters and transports with VTOL (OK, so DC had that, too:rolleyes:), and space maps.

IMO DC is really easy, i mean, i only get about 30 kills and around 10-15 deaths at the end of a map with around 200points(im meaning that numbers over the map). The Abraams is unbalancing the game because is just like one shot-kill. But in the other hand DC is fun to play too..

Anyway i like FH because is just like an expansion of bf1942, it's like it should have been and its really realistic and fun to play and sometimes its hard to kill someone or things like that. But in GC the thing that i dont like is that weapons arent that realistic, i know that it is Star Wars universe but i think it could be much more realistic. Another thing that i dont like of GC is the ships, they are almost unplayable because they are so fast and even when you learn to use them the battles between 2 ships are completely not real and as i said i find other mods funnier than GC.

Also i think that in BF2 GC mod will rock because BF2 will offer more opportunities to mods than bf1942

Archived