Home

Velvetopia - need help for one last cobweb & suitcase

On my 2nd playthrough, going for 100%. Having trouble in Velvetopia getting my last cobweb and suitcase. They're both located near the beginning of the level, near the first 2 gates that you need to unlock and near the king of clubs, up at the very top of the screen; there's an ammo powerup as well (not that I need it at this point). How the hell do I get up there? There's no paintings to hang, and I can't seem to find any ledges to jump onto.

The only ammo powerup I remember is as follows.

You hang the picture, go through, jump over to the guy who paints the ad for the bullfight. Go up, where the matador is. You do something to the fireplace and then walk through the fireplace. From there you see a line to slide down, taking you to some stuff.

I have the same exact problem.

There is a thin beam that leads from the platform where the suitcase is to a small alcove covered by a cobweb.

At first I thought this was a tight rope, but now I think it's a grind rail because you levitate jump onto the nearby lower balcony on the street and then jump up to the beam, but Raz doesn't grab on.

My best guess is that there's actually a window or something somewhere that leads to the small alcove, but I can't find anything for the life of me.

Jervo,

I think the ammunition power-up you're referring to is on a high ledge above the swinging bars in the street, right? Specifically, almost above the two swinging bars that collapse when the bull goes by? There's a figment up there, so you'll want to get up there.

What I had to do was to go up the ladder next to the painting hang location up the street a little bit. If that ladder is down to the ground, I jumped and activated the handle to run it back up between the first and second floors. Once I took the ladder up to the second floor I got on my levitation ball and flew towards the ledge, switching to slow drop once I hit my apex. That should get it.

As for the cobweb and suitcase ... are they near a painter's location? Do you see lumber piled up behind it? I'm doing this by memory ... but I remember popping up out of the sewers behind there and burning the lumber. Once in there the gate will open to the painter's location ... I think it was the collie.

Steven

No, it's not on the main street; it's right before the first queen. There's an alley on the left (with one of those jumpable barriers) and, after you open the gate, it makes a U back to the main road. There's a cart in the corner that I've tried jumping on, but I can't seem to reach either the rail, the balcony with the confusion grenade powerup, or the ledge behind the cart where the last suitcase is.

Now that I think about it, the one thing I haven't tried yet is putting the window picture where the vine picture goes. I know that if you put the window picture where the guitar picture goes, you get a hidden figment. Maybe that window picture opens up to that otherwise inaccessible area...

Jervo,

Sounds like a good idea about the paintings ... but I'd also agree with the other folks about revisiting the matador's apartment for the confusion powerup. That confusion powerup appeared for me later then when I went through the area the first time.

Yeah, go through the fireplace in the matador's room and slide on the rail to get to the suitcase.

I never noticed the hidden room in Milla's Dance Party where she keeps her nightmares until my 2nd go-round.

Speaking of that, do you know if that room with the nightmares has any real purpose? I haven't found anything to do in there yet.

Originally posted by Mr. Niceguy

Speaking of that, do you know if that room with the nightmares has any real purpose? I haven't found anything to do in there yet.

I think it's just an easter egg; the actual nightmare itself is non-interactive, as far as I can tell.

FOUND IT - go through the fireplace in the apartment, it brings you right out to that cobweb and then to the high beam. Woo-hoo! Still came up 1 figment short, though, and I'm giving up for now.

Archived