Home

A new way to play XWA.... And its kinda obvious - yet DAMN is it good !

nova_wolf

I set up the following :

Team 1 :

1 x Millenium Falcon (Me / Ace 4th)

6 x X-Wing (Rogue / Ace)

6 x A-Wing (Polearm / Ace)

Team 2 :

3 x 6 T/F (1 x Off, 1 x Vet, 1 x Ace)

2 x 6 T/I (Ace)

6 T/A (Vet)

6 Preybird (Vet)

I had a pair of bl**dy Advanced up my exhaust, REALLY keeping with me, and I had another which I whos weapons I was jamming, and I went to turn the quad guns on of the shooters, when I pressed a wrong button (I AM a seasoned XWA player - so that is REALLY not good ! !) and ended up in the cockpit.

I decided to go with it. And WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play in turret mode, and use 'f' to follow your targets. It is SO .... WOW !

Not only is the enemy ships buzzing all over the place, but so is your own ship in an attempt to follow it !

If you can do well in that mode (Im kinda good so far), THEN I you will REALLY have earnt your rating cuase you have DAMN fine accuracy + timing !

And not only that it, but it evens out having the falcon around to a certain extent !

You SERIOUSLY have to try it out.

------------------

Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

Well - I think that it is actually quite tough to use a Corellian Transport, as you are rather a large target, and your shield don't recharge that fast. The turrets aren't really that big of an adavntage unless your only against naffies (term of my design : ships that REALLY should not last as long as they do in combat) such as T/F and T/B.

------------------

Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

And just as a point of refernce, I FINALLY re-earnt my Ace 4th class on Sunday evening.

Over 1000 kills (300 assists), approx. 89240 points.

Kills include : an en-mass assault against a Bulwark,

MANY Imperial starships and capitals,

Practically EVERY fighter you care to name,

And 30% of them in a B-Wing !

------------------

Guest Thrawn

No, you don't! Please spare us!!!! wink.gif

------------------

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Ben Franklin

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Heh - I rarely get to blow my trumpet - dont spoilt it for me !

------------------

Archived