Home

How do you use Security Spike

BroncoFiend27

I am on the Leviathon. I've killed everyone on the command deck and now I need to get to the bridge. I've gotten the space suits from the armory and now I need to go out the airlock and get to the bridge to face Saul and unlock the hangar.

However the door to leave the airlock is locked and *IMPOSSIBLE* to open. I tried to open it with the computer panel but it doesn't give that option. The only other thing I can think of is using a security spike of which I have plenty, but I can't figure out how to use it. When I click on it it says 'This is not a usable or equipable item.

If anyone can either let me know how to use the security spike or what other way I can get on the Bridge I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks~

just so you know, the security spikes in the PC version of Kotor I never worked for some odd reason or another (they make a great way to get some credits at a vendor. ;) ).

anyways, just try opening the door like an unlocked door (click on it when you see the pointer change into a door icon), and that should do the trick. ;)

Originally posted by stingerhs

just so you know, the security spikes in the PC version of Kotor I never worked for some odd reason or another (they make a great way to get some credits at a vendor. ;) ).

I guess I never noticed that. I never tried to use security spikes, so I never noticed. :p

Sometimes doors that appear locked with the lock and or security spike thing on them will open when you click on them like a normal door but still have the security thing because theyre doors that could be locked if the person who runs the place decided to lock them. Sometimes also you get the option to either use the lock icon *you need security skill* or you can use the arrows to get one of those security tunneler things to use which you mustve found somewhere on the level to be able to use it but you can use that if your security skill isnt high enough. Also some doors will allow you to use a mine to unlock them. Most doors you can get through if the game wants you to, if you cant get through one using the normal methods then youre probably not supposed to be able to go through it.

Archived