Home

KOTOR I - When you know a game is good!

KOTOR I - When you know a game is good!

Just the other day, I watched a quick recap of a KOTOR I preview, which aired about a year and a half ago. What is intresting is that I have not played KOTOR I for about a year now. I even erased the game from my harddrive. Since I played the game about a hundred times, I thought it would be appropriate to remove the game. Okay, get back to the subject... Well, I was watching the game clip, and the most weird thing happend, which has not happened in a long time. I got chills... When you watch Star Wars for so many years, the impact of the movies you watch a hundred plus times fades away, but a KOTOR I preview gave me chills. I started to remember 'Bastilla's' theme music. Music from both her first appearance and her gracious fall to the darkside. The preview reminded me of why I liked KOTOR and what makes the game the most enjoyable since I can remember. During the preview, there was a moment where Malak says, "Wipe the pathetic planet from the face of the galaxy". Wow... After that statement, moments of KOTOR I started to flood back. At one point, I was overwhelmed with various moments as I played as, the not known then, the infamous Revan. Walking on Narshadaa doesn't compare to "The Unknown" planet, not because it is bad, but because the impact 'The Unknown' planet left was an important even in KOTOR lore... I can truely apprechiate the hard work "BioWare" had put into a masterpiece.

What are your thouhgts?

Archived