Home

Aeron's Error: 4th Mission

Guest Sakaki

I'm stuck on it. I count all of the containers in my assignment and fight off the two mauroding ships, but they always contaminate one, and it gives me a mission failed.

How do you beat that mission?

Thanks for your help, and sorry about my bad spelling. ^^'

------------------

I'm new at this. Bear with me if my questions are odd...

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

Is this the one where you inspect the containers with Aeron?

download the 2.02 patch, there is a "complited mission" bug

Yea, it is. I downloaded the Patch, and I'll try it again. If I still can't beat it, I must have the objectives wrong... ^^'

------------------

I finally beat it (wait, that was days ago) but now I can't use a Y-Wing to take on an Imp Assault Shuttle. It's in the first mission on board the Defiance. The third part of it, I always get KO'd by an assault shuttle. I never get close enough to do much damage. -_-;

------------------

Guest garyah99

It's pretty hard to take on an assalut shuttle in a Y-Wing! Use stand off tactics. Fire at the convoy with dual launch torpedos, 4 to a conatainer and high tail it back to the Defiance for a reload! Don't waste time though, or the convoy will escape. You don't need to destroy the shuttles in this mission, you just have to destroy 25% of the convoy.

Have your wingman hyper in first to the convoy, he is invuerable and can draw the fire of 1 of the A/S. THe other one you can take out (tho you wont be healthy afterwards) by having your shilds at 200% and lasers charged at full.

Just go head to head with the A/S with both lasers and Ions blazing, once he is tries to evade, hopfully you will be closer then .5km dead fire 2 proton torps at him, then finish him off (disabling helps)

next target the convoys that look like big chains. Destroy the engines and then the rest should be easy (one re-load is about all you have time for in the last mission)

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

Have your wingman hyper in first to the convoy, he is invuerable and can draw the fire of 1 of the A/S. THe other one you can take out (tho you wont be healthy afterwards) by having your shilds at 200% and lasers charged at full.

Just go head to head with the A/S with both lasers and Ions blazing, once he is tries to evade, hopfully you will be closer then .5km dead fire 2 proton torps at him, then finish him off (disabling helps)

next target the convoys that look like big chains. Destroy the engines and then the rest should be easy (one re-load is about all you have time for in the last mission)

Head to head with him? Should I double forward shields first?

Originally posted by garyah99:

It's pretty hard to take on an assalut shuttle in a Y-Wing! Use stand off tactics. Fire at the convoy with dual launch torpedos, 4 to a conatainer and high tail it back to the Defiance for a reload! Don't waste time though, or the convoy will escape. You don't need to destroy the shuttles in this mission, you just have to destroy 25% of the convoy.

Ok. But do I have time to reload enough for 4 torps to a container? And what about their defensive fire? And what is the range anyway? .6 or 6 KM?

------------------

Guest wookie2k

When you hyperspace to the convoy area just hit the objective key and u will target nearest container. If i remember well it takes only two torpedos to destroy the cigare shaped ones. Use all remaining torpedos then transfer all energy to engines and run for a reload to defiance. Return to the area and destroy some more containers. Hopefully all torpedoes hit and you will win the mission. Avoid that shuttle at all costs.

Well best bet if goign Head to head with the A/S is amke sure you have enuf speed, lasers are fully charges, Shields at 200%, and fire the torp AFTER he evades, but before you get closer then .4 km

you might be a little sore, but you will have free riegn on the convoy since your wingmate is keeping the other A/S busy.

Take out the egnies on the Chain Freighters,and do strafing runs on the others (with a torp or 2 for good measure) Since you take out the engines on the chine tpyes they would hyper out like everyhting else.

I still haven't beaten it, but I think it's just because I'm a pathetic pilot. ^^'

Anyway, what happens if you skip the mission?

I'm just gonna go to the sims and fly a few missions (once I'm back to Certified, I'll use the Y-Wing some more against some containers and/or A/S').

------------------

Archived