Home

trying to edit a Padawan mod, its not working

Simbacca

i am trying to make a small change to this Padawan mod i am using for my own use. the mod is this one:

http://pcgamemods.com/7808/

i am just trying to add a script in, before i get mutliclassed to a Jedi, so that i may gain one lvl and be lvl 2 when i change over to a Jedi. (i am trying to do this because a 2/18 scoundrel/consular gets one more feat than a 1/19)

i have added the script in (one to gain a 1001 exp), but it seems since i am still locked in conversation i can not lvl up before getting to the multi-classing part.

how do i do this?

so no one here, out of all the great modders and scripters, can help me out at all???

why is it that everytime i post a question here, no one cares to try and answer it? thats what this forum is for and everytime i see someone else posting their question, they get quick responses and working answers all the time. why am i possibly doing wrong that my questions always fade into oblivion???

i just wanted to know if there was a way to lvl up without having to break that first conversation. i know that is well within the abilities of the scripters here.

Relax man. You just posted this today, and sometimes people can't respond as quickly as you might like. I'm sure when someone that knows how to do this comes across it, they will help you out.

And sorry, I don't know how to do what you are asking. :(

EDIT: Another thing might be that maybe there is a tutorial in one of the stuck threads that addresses this. I recommend you check those out also.

man i already checked the tutorials. i check all the tutorials i find everytime before i ask a question.

i didn't mean to sound jumpy, its just i have checked back to see if there were responses a couple of times, and each time i know there was someone here in the 'now viewing forum' list that could answer this. its also because, like i said, this won't be the first time my questions may go unanswered, more like the 4th. and those first 3 were on the board for days with a couple bumps.

i would just really appreciate it if someone could give me a quick way of doing this before i have get rid of the mod and start making my own from scratch.

Originally posted by Simbacca

Part I: why is it that everytime i post a question here, no one cares to try and answer it? thats what this forum is for and everytime i see someone else posting their question, they get quick responses and working answers all the time. why am i possibly doing wrong that my questions always fade into oblivion???

Part II: its also because, like i said, this won't be the first time my questions may go unanswered, more like the 4th. and those first 3 were on the board for days with a couple bumps.

*Stares at screen with a look of utter disbelief...*

*Sarcasm* Do you want some cheese with your whine? :roleyess:

Seriously, statements like that will get you ignored faster than anything else, because being impatient only serves to drive away those who would help you.

i didn't mean to sound (gr)umpy, its just i have checked back to see if there were responses a couple of times, and each time i know there was someone here in the 'now viewing forum' list that could answer this.

*Again stares at screen with a look of utter disbelief...*

So... forum members are not required to post anything.

i would just really appreciate it if someone could give me a quick way of doing this before i have get rid of the mod and start making my own from scratch.

There are things you can do... none of them are quick, first suggestion would be to PM Grif Vindh the maker of the mod or Achilles whom made the mod which Grif's is based upon, and see if either one of them can help you, failing that I really don't know what you expect us to say? Being it is Grif's mod most of us have no clue what he did.

Sorry Simbacca if I sound harsh replying to you but you should try to learn a little patience especially on a forum, this isn't IM, you know.

Now as to your original problem (If you know a little about dialogs and conditional scripts... read on);

i have added the script in (one to gain a 1001 exp), but it seems since i am still locked in conversation i can not lvl up before getting to the multi-classing part.

I would suggest editing the initial dialogue that gives you the multi-class and add a brand new node that will fire your script and end the dialogue. Then place a conditional script refrence on the regular node of the dialogue that checks to see if the PC is level 2, then it should continue the game normally and multi-class your PC after you level-up and re-initiate dialogue with the NPC in question.

At least that is how I would approach it, and this is all an educated guess as I have never used that mod or any other Padawan mod so I don't know how it is structured.

I hope this helps! But seriously, in the future Simbacca... patience padawan! :D

i know no one is required to do anything and patience is a virture, which is why i said nothing the very few times. my patience, however, has allow many of questions to fade into oblivion without solutions. i have just seen everyone else's get answered, thats all. its ok though, i usually find my own answer eventually, its just days after i actually had time to play the game with whatever i am working on.

i know i could PM someone, but i hate personally bug someone in paticular to answer a question that should be able to just post in the forum. but if PM is the way to do it, then i will try that in the future.

don't worry though, i have found my own answer. even though it makes no sense with the conversation of the characters at that point, i moved the script that makes my character into a Consular out of where its supposed to be and into a second conversation with Trask. then i added my level_up script in. other than the fact that i will have to change it back when i am done, or else it will not work for the other Jedi choices, it gets the job done quick now.

thank you RedHawke, however for your editing suggestion. i was asking only because i was hoping there was a single script that i could add in earlier in the convo that would give me a level and take me to the level up screen, without having to make any other changes that i made, to maintain the flow of the mod.

i know i could PM someone, but i hate personally bug someone in paticular to answer a question that should be able to just post in the forum. but if PM is the way to do it, then i will try that in the future.

When you are trying to mess with someones mod a PM to the mods creator should be your first choice because nobody can help you better than the original mod maker.

thank you RedHawke, however for your editing suggestion. i was asking only because i was hoping there was a single script that i could add in earlier in the convo that would give me a level and take me to the level up screen, without having to make any other changes that i made, to maintain the flow of the mod.

Unfortunately to level up you would have to break the dialogue, then resume it once you have leveled up, again there is no easy way to do this. What I said above is probably the easiest way to accomplish what you want, but it will still break the flow of the mod anyway.

Another solution to your problem is fairly simple... you can edit featgain.2da and add the extra feat you would gain by being level 2 to the first level of the classes you want to, hence you would still be 1/19 but you would have the feats of a 2/18.

Just a thought. :)

Archived