Home

How to destroy an ISD/ISDII with a starfighter

Guest Alderaanian

Guest Alderaanian

HOW TO DESTROY AN ISD/ISDII WITH A STARFIGHTER

This is easier & sneakier than the Force Run method to destroy an ISD or ISDII using any starfighter, and works best when you are not distracted by any attacking enemy starfighters.

(1) Fly to about 2 km behind the destroyer (remember NOT to present a zero-deflection shot to the destroyer's turbolasers - either fly towards/away from the destroyer at an angle, never directly towards nor away from the destroyer

(2) Then turn towards the destroyer, pointing your ship's nose at the top of the command tower

(3) Target the single rear turbolaser at the top of the command tower

(4) When you are within 1.7 to 1.4 km (depending on the attack range of your starfighter), vape the rear turbolaser. You WILL get some damage from that turbolaser as you try to destroy it, so, if the damage is too severe, make a U-turn (remember to head away at an angle) and recharge your shields before you try again

(5) When the rear turbolaser on the command tower is destroyed, fly to about or less than 0.1 km of the rear of the command tower (where you'll be safe from any other turbolasers on the destroyer) and match the speed of the destroyer

(6) Target & vape each of the shielf generators above the command tower at your leisure, after which, start chipping away at the hull of the command tower until the destroyer is ... ummm ... destroyed! Do remember to fly away as fast as you can as the ISD/ISDII is blowing up, to prevent yourself from getting caught in the blast

(7) Note that as you are vaping the shield generators or the hull, be aware of the motion of the destroyer - it will sometimes execute some turns, which requires you to have some skill in maintaining your position just behind the command tower. If you start getting hits from the turbolaser, that means you are no longer in the safe zone behind the command tower

(8) Another note - you will find that the safe zone extends from just above the engines to the top of the command tower, and even allows you to pick off any of the turbolasers near the aft of the destroyer (not necessary to destroy the ship, but fun nonetheless)

Destroying an ISD/ISD II gives you easy mission points (I believe a couple of 1000 points per destroyer), and, when applicable, pretty good bonus points for the Single Player missions! Enjoy!

------------------

=====An Alderaanian=====

Vape everything in sight!

2 probs with that...

1. Engine wash

2. You get hit

if you do the force run correctly (Devloped by ForceFlow and prefected by K_Kinnison you WILL NOT GET HIT. In fact you could do it in a pitiful TIE fighter if needed. and it only takes 10 min Max, and you dont realyl need to worry about the ISD turning at all while you do it

• 2 months later...
Guest red 58

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

2 probs with that...

1. Engine wash

2. You get hit

if you do the force run correctly (Devloped by ForceFlow and prefected by K_Kinnison you WILL NOT GET HIT. In fact you could do it in a pitiful TIE fighter if needed. and it only takes 10 min Max, and you dont realyl need to worry about the ISD turning at all while you do it

what's the force run

Guest rookie5

1 other problem with that:

It only works on easy or medium difficulty settings.

On hard it's impossible to destroy starship structures while its shields are up.

Look up the force run or my technik on the "Starship and freighter blind spots" post.

My tatik consists of parking your fighter just behind the structure on top of the bridge and firing away there.

Unlike the force run, it´s not possible to do it on a tie fighter because it´s very hard (impossible??) to get there without geting hit a couple of times.

uh? what the heck are you talking about.

I was able to do it in a TIE fighter.. WITHOUT getting hit once, agaisnt a Super Ace AI VSDII (A bit tougher in the Anti-starfighter Department)

If you are going to dis a technique, make sure you understand it. It works jsut fine at hard setting. Even works fine in the simulator.

On medium and Hard settings you can take out strutures just as easily as hard settigns. Only differance with hard settings is the Enemy AI for missions. Shields don't matter where you are going after structures.

It is not immpossible, it jsut takes more skill. And you still get hit when you try to do your technique.. maybe not all the time.

The whole idea of the force run is to be able to do it against ANY ship, in ANY fighter. Which can be done I haev film for proof

Guest rookie5

Cool down!(I don´t know how to post smilies so there 8^)

I was refering to Alderaanian´s technique... sorry my bad for not specificating in the first place.

I suggested the force run as a better technique, I didn´t dis it. As I said, it´s possible to use the Tie with the F-run, not with my way!

I maintain that on campain missions on hard setting it's impossible to take out turrets, shield generators, comm dishes etc without burning out the shields first. On skirmish missions yes it´s posible, on campains no(original missions, I´m not sure about 3rd party missions).

By the way I hope you didn´t get angry because I didn´t credit you on perfecting the force run on my other post 8P. I´ll fix it if you want.

PEACE my friend!

Guest red 58

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

uh? what the heck are you talking about.

I was able to do it in a TIE fighter.. WITHOUT getting hit once, agaisnt a Super Ace AI VSDII (A bit tougher in the Anti-starfighter Department)

If you are going to dis a technique, make sure you understand it. It works jsut fine at hard setting. Even works fine in the simulator.

On medium and Hard settings you can take out strutures just as easily as hard settigns. Only differance with hard settings is the Enemy AI for missions. Shields don't matter where you are going after structures.

It is not immpossible, it jsut takes more skill. And you still get hit when you try to do your technique.. maybe not all the time.

The whole idea of the force run is to be able to do it against ANY ship, in ANY fighter. Which can be done I haev film for proof

Albeit I'm new to this and some of my post maybe old ones, I just wanted to thank you for the force run tech. I tried it today in the simulator and it worked like a charm on the hard setting up against a super ace ISD and a ISDII. kiolled them in 10 minuyes with a xwing and 5 mintues with a b-wing(Had help with 5 other b-wings) The only problem i had was that it didn't work against the Indciator SD and on other capital ships. I got my ass vaped quickily everytime I tried the force run on capital ships other than the SD. What gives

Archived