Home

Area Loading Issues...

eaglekid2001

I've been having trouble with the original Kotor when loading 'the tomb of marka ragnos' from 'the valley of the dark lords'.

For some reason, now the game decides, when i walk into the tomb door, that it doesn't want to load the area but instead transports me straight back to the main menu where my mouse-cursor doesn't seem to do press any buttons, and the only option is to Alt-F4 out of the game.

What's even more strange is i have another savegame where my party is 'trapped' inside the tomb of marka ragnos, whenever i try to leave through the exit, it does the normal 'valley of dark lords' loading screen but once finished, i'm back at the temple entrance, with another legion of

the assassin droids minions

firing at me.

I've tried cheat codes to warp into the tomb, and out of it as necessary, each time doing the same - ignoring the loading screen but taking me back to the main menu, with a cursor which can't work and the only option being to alt-F4 out of the game.

As well, the only accessible areas seem to be where i am (Dark Lords Valley) and the tomb of jorak uln (the one where you help Mekel), which i just came out of.

I really need to raid the tomb and be able to escape and i'd appreciate any help, so that i can actually complete the game, i really don't want to have to start over...

Thanks

I have no idea what happened to your game but I have three possible solutions:

#1- Copy your savegame from *\swkotor\Saves or something like that, then re-install the game while your savegame is in another directory

-or-

#2-

Talk to the blonde Sith (the one from Dreshdae who says you're not worthy), and convince her to let you help her gain prestige, then meet her outside Tulak Horde's tomb, kill the tuk'a'tas, kill her, take the holocron from her body, and talk to Uthar. Make sure to tell him that you didn't find it on your own, and that you killed the Sith lady to get it. Then tell him about Yuthura's plot to kill him. Then go to the torture chamber and interrogate the Mandalorian. Force persuade him once, then give him a large dose of serum, then Force persuade him again. Then kill the Sith interrogator, and tell Uthar the location of the Mandalorian weapon cache

#3- Try using Darth333's warping band to go to the module "Sith Academy Entrance", and going back into the academy from there.

Archived