Home

MI4 problems

Desleena

I can install MI4 correctly and patch it with out problems.

But I cannot start it, I cannot enter the configuration options menu in the launcher to change settings and I cannot set the launcher to analyse my system. If I try any of those things, it either gives a error mesasge straight away or (in the case of trying to start MI4) it goes to a black screen first, then it crash with an error message.

I am trying to play it on a realtively new system, P4 3GHz, 1Gb RAM, radeon 9800 pro. I tried setting my desktop to 640.480 with 16 bit which didnt help either.

I would be thankfull for any help.

I think I might have a chance if I could get the commandline options for MI4, since I looks like I won't be able to enter the "configuration options" section in the launcher at all.

Des

win2000, service pack 4.

"Monkey.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created."

Not very explanatory, and I can't find the errorlog it mentions. Not in the monkey library anyways.

I guess it might be a problem with my graphicscard.

The error message indicates a problem that the OS has. I don't think it's got much to do with the game and suggest you update Direct X and your graphics card drivers. Have you tried to run the game unpatched? Are you using the official patch or the fan patch that lets you change the resolution?

Got DirectX9.c installed and Catalyst 5.4 ( I know it isn't 5.6 but nothing in "fixed in this patch" looks like it will help). I may have to upgrade to 5.6, but I also tried MI4 with the 4.11 and some other version of ATI's catalyst, so I am not very optimistic.

I tried to run both unpatched and patched, both with the official patch and the EMI lanucher you can use to change resolutions.

Well, catalyst 5.6 are downloading as I am writing. :)

Des

Hmmm.. just read an older post about MI4 and XP, where bgbennyboy mentioned something about hyperthreading and MI4 not working together very well.

Then I searched the web with new appropriate keywords and got this:

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:W9WTyCszUbsJ:forums.adventuregamers.com/printthread.php%3Ft%3D4834+EMI+hyperthreading+monkey&hl=da

Havent turned off hyperthreading myself yet, and not sure if I want to bother turning it on and off when I need to play MI4, but I guess thats the solution.

Des

PS.

Perhaps the issue with hyperthreading ought to be mentioned in the stuck thread about problems with MI?

Archived