Home

Master Vrook

Aiden Star

Why on earth do my party members stand and watch as I get killed for the 20th time vs Master Vrook?

In the caves they helped kick his butt...now they stand and watch.

How pathetic!

This is not only poor programming, but silly story wise.

If they cant help fight then they should have gotten stuck outside somehow (as in Kotor 1 final battle where the party is either in suspended animation or not there for other reasons)

However they stand there and Ive been trying for 3 hours now to kill this guy.

I am playing on Moderate mode on the edited patch (harcore difficulty patch) and well...while the other mosters are a challenge, masters at Level 11 is too hard! :rolleyes:

I tried putting the difficulty down but sadly its a save game right before we fight....and thus it doesnt take affect.

Im now stuck here......looks like I have to go back to an old save, back in the caves....

Anyone know what I should do?

The most I get him down to is 50% health. THen a robot comes in to aid me......then he kills the robot.....and uses a spell to increase his health points...thus going back to 75%......im stuck here...

...I manage to "cheat" by hiding behind a tree and he wont get me there....

....silly programming is ruining the game for me.

:mad:

Nevermind....

....after nearly 5 hours or so....

...I kicked his butt.....

Gotta love and hate the hardcore difficulty patch.....makes it annoying trying over and over...but getting there is great....

...in the process ive learnt more about my character and how to defeat stronger opponents. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Aiden Star

Nevermind....

....after nearly 5 hours or so....

...I kicked his butt.....

Gotta love and hate the hardcore difficulty patch.....makes it annoying trying over and over...but getting there is great....

...in the process ive learnt more about my character and how to defeat stronger opponents. :D

I had the same issue with the twin suns they were kicking the crap out of atton it took me maybe 20 attempts before i beat them.:saberr: :saberr: :saberr:

For future reference:

Master Vrook - Before going to speak to the mercenaries (and triggering the showdown at Khoonda) plant all the mines you can right where he'll be standing when your duel begins. Spread them around a little bit so that he'll actually set them off when he moves. You can use this trick on the other Jedi Masters too. I'll leave it to you too figure out how.

Twin Suns - After they turn hostile, run behind the bar. If you do it quickly, they'll just stand there without approaching you. Take your time picking them off at a distance with the blaster of your choice.

...and on a non-strategy side note, the devs purposely removed you party members for the Battle of Khoonda so that there would be some continuity for the duel with Vrook. If you added them back, don't blame them. And in case you didn't notice you have to fight Kavar by yourself too.

When you're low on HP when fighting Vrook inside of Khoonda, run around the trees so he can't reach you for close combat, then fry him with force lightning or another ranged spell and continue running, he'll usually heal himself and run after you. Repeat this some time until he runs out of force points, then finish him off.

Originally posted by Aiden Star

Ive finished the game now.....was very cool....but something was missing......

...it felt like the story was missing as well as the ending...:rolleyes:

don't worry everyone knows exactly how you feel

• 4 weeks later...
For future reference:

Master Vrook - Before going to speak to the mercenaries (and triggering the showdown at Khoonda) plant all the mines you can right where he'll be standing when your duel begins. Spread them around a little bit so that he'll actually set them off when he moves. You can use this trick on the other Jedi Masters too. I'll leave it to you too figure out how.

Twin Suns - After they turn hostile, run behind the bar. If you do it quickly, they'll just stand there without approaching you. Take your time picking them off at a distance with the blaster of your choice.

...and on a non-strategy side note, the devs purposely removed you party members for the Battle of Khoonda so that there would be some continuity for the duel with Vrook. If you added them back, don't blame them. And in case you didn't notice you have to fight Kavar by yourself too.

Also be sure to stand far enough behind the bar so that your are not right up against it, because one of them will move in close and attack you.

(at least it has happend to me)

Archived