Home

The GTA San Andreas debaucle

montnoir

So as I am sure everyone knows about this, I thought a discussion on the matter would be in place.

A game came out called GTA San Andreas. Then someone modded the game making it possible for your player character to copulate with any one of the player characters girlfriends. This stirred the sh*t and the M+ rated GTA SA suddenly got rated AO (adults only). Why? Because the files and models used in the completely unofficial mod were already in the code. So Rockstar Games got sued over this matter although the adult content isn't accessible without the mod.

To me it sounds damn stupid, as nude-patches, come out for basically every other game and modding of unused content and leftovers in the code is a very common sight. So why all this media-attention and why all this commotion over something that is very-well known in the gaming industry?

Developers leave dropped quests and undeveloped ideas all the time, like the Droid Planet and alternative endings of KOTOR 2 or the Histories of Vampire Bloodlines. Whom people have modded/are trying to mod back into the game(s).

But this? Just because it was sexual (and as we all know sex is the most evil thing in the world) it gets banned and slapped and sued and Hilary Clinton cries bloody murder... ack.

The stupidity of it all.

Originally posted by montnoir

So as I am sure everyone knows about this, I thought a discussion on the matter would be in place.

indeed. There's a pretty good discussion about it going on here: :)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149900

Hey montnoir, I'm going to lock this thread so we don't have duplicates floating around, but I'd definitely urge you to post your thoughts in that thread. :)

Archived