Home

Gromas

Ack

Gromas was my least favorite level in dark forces, but the new version looks cooler, Gromas in the original hurt my eyes because of the red glare, but the new one has a kinda Red Faction/ Doom3 feel to it, whihc will set the mood for the DT phase 1 battle. Good work. :blast5:

I really think the darkness is bearable in-game though. Plus, my living room (where my computer is at) has like four windows and we still haven't gotten curtains since we moved in here :p

So, it's not an actual game problem i think. It's just a detail thing upon watching screenshots.

Keep it up guys :)

You simply have to see it fullscreen and in game :D

That is the real test of anything for a game; there's a lot you can't tell from a screenshot (and a lot that you can).

I don't know what my favorite level is, but the one I played most back in the day was the Coruscant one. I think I just liked laying waste to legions of stormtroopers. That and the cool vault-thing. I'm not sure who'd build anything like that in real life, but it somehow always struck me as an example of good level design.

Thanks for the kind words.

Salv has not uploaded a map for us to walk around in for Gromas to this day

You neither! :p

but the new one has a kinda Red Faction/ Doom3 feel to it

Thats well spotted, I like Red Faction very much and has influenced me quite abit with Gromas, nothing sort of straight port from it but Ive taken abit from the look and feel with all the mines and terrain since its very much like a Mars type of system.

Thanks again.

EXCUSE ME!?!?!?

You can clearly look in our FTP before it went down a few weeks ago, there was a testbase.pk3, and if you have the current build, go ahead and enjoy the 450 brushes that were testbase.

salv, its just a devmap testbase away :D

For the rest of you :p it's not going to happen that easy.

*rants, raves, argues, spits, calms, zaps, guts, maps.

BTW, the current brushcount is around 2000-3000 I think. Thats like, alot more in like. uhh dude.... 2 months?

Woah... I haven't visited the main page in weeks and look what I miss! Awesome work, Salv! Gromas was always one of my favorite levels because of the atmosphere and it looks like you've done a fantastic job of keeping that alive and then some! Simply freaking awesome!

By the way, the Red Faction influence shows. I've never played the whole game (just the demo) but it's a definitely a good model to work from. I love it! :D

Archived