Home

KOTOR Tool is being difficult...

Ioini

Well, I'm trying to make this portable bench mod to work with the Force Crush Fix Mod and the High Level Force Powers (V2.0 for now reformatted my comp), I had no problems adding the new line in the spells.2da folder, yet when I open the gff editor and opened the gg_portbench.uti file, when i try to edit the subtypeID in the line it saids this:

************ Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.

Parameter name: '282' is not a valid value for 'index'.

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)

at kotor_tool.frmUTI_Editor.dgProperties_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

and thats what i'm trying to fix. And i'm using the newest version of KOTOR tool. Can someone help me?

Most likely it is not an unhandled field as much as one that has an index into a 2DA that is out of the range found in KotOR I. Most of the numeric controls in Kotor Tool try to enforce ranges of values, and most of those are the same in both game versions. As I discover new ranges, I need to update the code to handle these exceptions.

<edit>

I checked all 284 .utc files in KotOR II; there are 22 "problem" files. I tested 12 of those and discovered the same thing in each; every one of them specified a SoundSet index into soundset.2da that was out of range...for KotOR II, that is. These files appear to be leftovers from KotOR I, and the soundset index in them maps to the correct entry in that game's .2da file.

For files you've created, you might want to open the Options dialog box from the Tools menu, choose the Other tab, then make sure "Look in Game's Override folder for 2DA files" is checked. This will enable Kotor Tool to reference non-standard .2DA files. Just place your file in the Override folder.... :)

If you're having other troubles with a UTC file, drop me an email at the address listed in the Kotor Tool readme.txt file.

Archived