Home

Spanish speakers, help!

VampireNaomi

What the hell is that?... I take it the guy is not a natural Spanish speaker, or has quite a strange accent (could it be Catalunyan :rolleyes: )

Anyway, here's the message:

"No sabía que hacer, teníamos que...que ser enterrados ,[there is a word with a different voice or tonality here, but I don't seem to understand it] [?];dos, dos [??] esquálidas mentes, [the transcript gets a bit too strange here, yet all I can rescue is a 'perfectamente'] que linda era[the thing ends here]"

English translation:

"I didn't know what to do, we had...we had to be buried;[?];two,two [?] thin [narrow] minds [the transcript gets a bit too strange here,yet all I can rescue is a 'perfectle'] how beatiful she was[it ends here]"

Sorry about not getting half of it; perhaps if you guide me by telling me what it is, I might be able to understand [most of] it.

BTW, [?]= I don't get the word. Oh, and if there is another fellow Spanish speaker here, who got the message, feel free to humilliate me:)

It's from my favourite TV show and the actor is Finnish. He probably has never studied Spanish in his life, so I'm not surprised it sounds weird.

In this sequence the actor is playing Alfonso, a Spanish guy who narrates nature documents. This particular one is about squirrels. The show is about an imaginary TV station and while they're are running this document they get technical errors and the subtitles disappear. It's a disaster since nobody can understand what Alfonso is saying.

I was curious about this because when they're are running news they always interview a Swedish guy. The subtitles go on and on about economics and politics, but the guy is actually talking about something completely unrelated. I was wondering if the Spanish part had anything to do with squirrels or if they were just reading random Spanish.

Oh, that's great to know; that might explain why I couldn't udnerstand some parts of it :nut:

My guess, is that he is speaking random Spanish in this phragment.

Oh, and by the way, I was browsing the web the other day, and came across this [Link removed; I don't know why I can't read it know]. Anyway, they were discussing Grim Fandango in this website....

Archived