Home

Mana Usage Values Needed: Testers Please!

Kurgan

Bummer. I wonder if there are any JK2 clans that would be willing to help?

All those "honorz" servers have so many rules preventing combat, that perhaps it might actually be easy to test it there, assuming their mods haven't screwed up the mana values for that power... (the regen might make it harder to test).

Nope, nobody seems to want to help. Sorry. =/

But I noticed something else on the site - under Force Jump, you mention how to perform the 'Superman' jumps. It's minor, but I think you should mention that a Saber Staff user can perform a kick at any time during those jumps, whereas in a normal jump, they cannot kick during the flip part of it.

But can you even "flip" in a normal (non-force) jump?

I believe that move is literally referred to as a "force flip" in the game literature.

Or are you referring to the "advanced jump" animations (where you lean to the side while jumping?).

Though not strategically valuable, it is possible to do a more "dramatic" type of jump, performed by moving forward or sideways, hitting jump just as you release the directional movement key (letting the momentum carry you). Thus you get a different animation for each of the jumps. Once performed, you can also tap the movement key for a little bit of extra distance.

>?

I can't remember, but I thought a kick could be performed anytime and it would simply break you out of the flip animation to do it.

In a non-force jump and the 'dramatic' animation force jumps, you can kick at any time and it'll simply break you out of the jump animation to do it.

In a standard force jump, you cannot kick during the the flipping/spinning part of it. You can only kick at the very start of those jumps, and towards the end.

Edit:

continue testing that Saber Offense thing...

I've been playing around a lot with Saber Offense level one and three (it's difficult to tell whether it's making a difference), and now I'm certain it affects all saber types. I tested a staff with level one saber offense and level three saber defense against various single saber users with level three saber offense/defense, and the majority of my attacks were easily knocked aside and blocked. I then tried level three saber offense, and it certainly made a difference. The in-game description even says something along the lines of "helps break through parries".

In a non-force jump and the 'dramatic' animation force jumps, you can kick at any time and it'll simply break you out of the jump animation to do it.

In a standard force jump, you cannot kick during the the flipping/spinning part of it. You can only kick at the very start of those jumps, and towards the end.

Edit:

I've been playing around a lot with Saber Offense level one and three (it's difficult to tell whether it's making a difference), and now I'm certain it affects all saber types. I tested a staff with level one saber offense and level three saber defense against various single saber users with level three saber offense/defense, and the majority of my attacks were easily knocked aside and blocked. I then tried level three saber offense, and it certainly made a difference. The in-game description even says something along the lines of "helps break through parries".

I know what Defense does, rather I'm wondering what Offense does for the Staff/Duals.

I KNOW it helps you break saber locks.

It won't do any good to use it against somebody with lower defense, because everything goes through more easily (blasters have no "defense/offense" setting for example, they go through a lot more often on people with lower defense).

Keep testing, and if you find something, let me know, but I'm really only interested in the effects of Offense on Staff/Duals beyond what I already know. No offense.... ;)

So if you have:

Player1 Offense/Defense 3/3 vs.

Player 2 (staff/duals) with Offense/Defense 3/3...

compared with

Player1 Offense/Defense 3/3 vs.

Player2 (staff/duals) with Offense Level 1 or 2, and 3 defense....

How will the fight go differently (if at all)?

PS: As to the staff kick thing I'll check that out myself when I have time. Interesting, if you're right!

What?

Saber Offense does the following:

1. Adds stances to the Single Saber.

2. Increases the user's ability to break saber locks.

3. Increases the user's ability to break through enemy parries.

So the difference between your 'situation a' and 'situation b' is that in b, player 2 will find that his attacks are blocked more often (as he has less Offense to break through those blocks).

What?

Yes.

Saber Offense does the following:

3. Increases the user's ability to break through enemy parries.

So the difference between your 'situation a' and 'situation b' is that in b, player 2 will find that his attacks are blocked more often (as he has less Offense to break through those blocks).

Okay then, may I quote you on the page (as Fusion)? ;)

Archived