Home

Additional Planets for tilesets

Guest Kayote

I keep hearing Gerrard V from people, but I forget where it was from, either a novel or Rogue Squadron:confused:.

Anyways a planet I was thinking about for a tileset was Tatooine. Picture this: two armies battling on opposite outskirts of a major city/spaceport like Mos Eisley, Mos Espa or any other city on that planet. It would be a cool urbanized war. You would be forced to use a lot of troops in the city because most mechs wont fit through the tiny streets. Units could hide behind buildings waiting to ambush an enemy squad patroling through the streets. Whoever has control of the city has the advantage because mechs would have to take a long detour around the cit to reach the enemy's base. Neutral buildings in the city would also offer limited protection against air strike.

Guest Tie Guy

Gerrard V is from Rogue Squadron, and i think that there already is a tatoonine terrain in the game, in MP if not SP.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Admiral Thrawn
Originally posted by Kobi Duran

I keep hearing Gerrard V from people, but I forget where it was from, either a novel or Rogue Squadron:confused:.

Anyways a planet I was thinking about for a tileset was Tatooine. Picture this: two armies battling on opposite outskirts of a major city/spaceport like Mos Eisley, Mos Espa or any other city on that planet. It would be a cool urbanized war. You would be forced to use a lot of troops in the city because most mechs wont fit through the tiny streets. Units could hide behind buildings waiting to ambush an enemy squad patroling through the streets. Whoever has control of the city has the advantage because mechs would have to take a long detour around the cit to reach the enemy's base. Neutral buildings in the city would also offer limited protection against air strike.

Ya that would be awsome, I love the idea of street to street fighting. It would be like World War II when the Jews holed up in the Warsaw Getto and fought of the entire German Army for several months. You would have to use Tie-Bombers to raze buildings, and send in Storm Troopers to weed out the survivors, while they did hit and run slowly picking your forces to pieces.

Archived