Home

Age Of Apocalypse

DarthSion101

HEy everyone, I just finished reading The Age Of Apocalypse, which is a comic book series by Marvel, featuring the awesome villain Apocalypse. I thought it was by far the darkest, and best written/ animated comic series by Marvel. It featured a great lineup, including just about every mutant out there, and actually saw lots of good mutants die. Apocalypse was absolutely awesome like he always is, and Mr. Sinister who was vicious and manipultively evil, never really liked sinister before, but AoA changed that. Iknow I know, AoA come out in 1995, I'm like a decade behind the 8-ball, but I was curious if anyone else read it, and what they thought of it, Because I thought it was amazing. Also Sinister lives, but Apocalypse is sort of killed, but his ending is left up in the air, because according to MArvel canon, he is immortal and cannot die, Marvel also has listed other characters as deceased, but apocalypse, is listed as fate unknown, so Just wondering if anyone else knows anything.

The Age of Apocalypse didn't fit very well with the Marvel world. It was a good story but it was completely wrong for the heroes. Wolverine together with Jean? Although "cool" to see, that relationship was never meant.

Also in typical Marvel manner they dropped the story completely, saying that it happened in an alternate time/dimension so nothing that took place in that story ever took place in "Marvel canon".

And just to confuse matters further, they ran another Apocalypse story-arc, back in 2000, where Apocalypse, again returned...

The Age of Apocalypse didn't fit very well with the Marvel world. It was a good story but it was completely wrong for the heroes. Wolverine together with Jean? Although "cool" to see, that relationship was never meant.

Also in typical Marvel manner they dropped the story completely, saying that it happened in an alternate time/dimension so nothing that took place in that story ever took place in "Marvel canon".

And just to confuse matters further, they ran another Apocalypse story-arc, back in 2000, where Apocalypse, again returned...

Unfortunately, this kind of thing runs rampant in comics. DC's fiasco "Crisis on Infinite Earths" is probably the worst example of rewritten history.

Archived