Home

Soul Calibur III Intro

lukeskywalker1

Whoa... just... whoa... I can't contain the excitement... man...

Soul Calibur fans, prepare to pee your pants-

The opening to Soul Calibur III will feature a movie... a movie.. yes, a movie... about the entire series... YAY! It looks so cool.... man... I really hope it has a small storyline, and maybe lasts about 10-20 mins or so...

Check this video- I know the devs talk through this video.. .but wow... when they show certain scenes of it, it looks awesome. Amazing graphics (pre-rendered, obviously, but who cares?) Kilik, my personal favorite, actaully looks Korean, like he is supposed to, every strand of hair looks modelled (it moves, as he moves) the same with Nightmare...

Nightmare appears to be the star, no surprise, and is seen destroying soul edge, and taking on an entire army... single handedly, and winning. Of course, he owns their souls...

Voldo actually looks cool, and Taki's mask was a nice touch. Cervantes was fighting Ivy (I think, it moved fast) so... yeah...

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1558 (Look at Revealing the Opening Movie)

Yeah, its awesome. I got to check out the other videos as well.

Phew... yeah, too cool. Soul Calibur is the greatest fighting game I have ever played. Too bad its only on the PS2, but the PS2 alone is worth it for this game. Plus, you can make your own character this time around... really sweet, even though I think I will just stick to Kilik.

Eesh, that's intense! Looks like they’ve gone all out on the thing. I was a big fan of Soul Calibur II, and this looks to be a vast improvement. But only PS2? What's up with that? I would have thought it would be for Revolution and PS3.

Quick and easy money I assume. I've watched a bunch of gameplay videos, it seems that they kept all the moves for the old characters, added some new ones, and made these new characters. Next they added in that tale of souls thing, which is simular to weapon master... except a billion times better.

Why?

Every character has their own non-linear storyline. With cutscenes. The old weapon master was cool, but you had one storyline, no matter what character you picked, no cutscenes, just text on the screen... now we get to these guys in action, learn more about their pasts... and just play a great story. Imagine the re-playability... every character has multiple endings... every character has different storylines... so I can replay with kilik multiple times and possibly get a different ending. Then I can switch characters and play with them multiple times... multiply this by the number of characters... and you get like 20+ single players.... yay...!!!!!!

Just hope they don't screw up the storylines. The way I see it they already have the gameplay down. That means the whole time they have had time to work on this stuff... which is awesome.

Sounds badass. It's been a while since I played a decent story driven game, and multiple stories are fabulous. II didn't go into enough depth on the part of the characters, I felt, and hearing that they'll be multiple endings for each is super-awesome. I don't have a PS2, though. But that can be dealt with.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived