Home

[Help!] scripting a vid/talk/fight/talk sequence

Simbacca

hello :) well i am back to modding again, if n e 1 remembers any of my mods anyway.

well with this one, i think i need some major scripting help, or i just may be a major scripting n00b, or i may need some major scripting help while being a major scripting n00b :nut:

ok, here is what i am trying to do, and i don't know if i labeled it right in the thread title: the PC sees two custom characters locked in battle. lets just call one "Face" and the other "Heel". as the PC approaches, both of them make their plea to the PC to assist against the other. after the PC chooses who to fight beside, the battle now renews. after the player defeats the which ever opponent he fought, a conversation starts up with the character the PC chose to help.

there it is. any help with this would be greatly appreciated. though i have some modding experience, the only scripting experience i have is using a recruit_character script i copy/pasted straight out of a tutorial. i tried to read nwscript.nss to try to learn more about scripting, but i fear i won't learn much until i start testing and using all the functions in there, and i just don't have much time for this mod as it is.

again, any help with this will be greatly appreciated. feel free to post here or PM me with any info or offers of assistance. thank you

Hiya Simbacca

I'm still using several your mods for kotor 1.

You might have seen my thread a couple down from yours

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153822 going through about the same your talking about, thou i havent solved my problem yet heh but working on it

I got most my info from tk's http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=126615

that help you alot more then mine prolly, thou thats what i used in my scripts.

The issue i have is with after you talk to the guy, i cant seem to change the faction from neutral to hostile to fight them =/

but hope this helps you. Im still new and green but that might be a way to go for your mod.

kdsphantom

i am still having trouble though, even with going over that talk/fight/talk guide you linked there. i am not sure how to have "hero" and "villian" engaged in battle when i walk up. i don't know if i need to make a cutscene vid, or if i can just get them to attack each other ingame, nor do i know how to implement either of those options.

i did find a site that is helping me learn scripting a bit, but it all still looks foreign to me. there are a lot of things in the scripts that i have no idea what their purpose is.

hiya Simbacca

heh you and me both buddy ) some, most, alot these i have no idea. But as to the "hero villian" part you are talking about.

Reading through all the threads and things looking for help and just tyring to learn i think i saw one talking about much the same, they mention using a predator, prey faction. (pretty sure it was darth333 angel thread , humm think so)

I'm not sure what part you are at, if your set on your 2 guys fighting when your PC walks up, im assuming you are, Id guess then a trigger to start a dialog between the 3 people, (and please correct me if im understanding you wrong) where you the PC pick which of the 2 NPC's to help.

After you pick then you go to a fight, is that right?

the predator, prey faction thing will just make them fighting, or give you appearance of fighting. (Like For example if you put a wookie and a trandogran near each other they will fight each other) Then you can edit the GFF files of the NPC to make them unable to die with the MIN 1 HP so they will actually jsut fight each other non stop till you interupt them. Once you get to the fight part of your event, you can use a line in script i think to heal the NPC's and to take away the min 1 HP line so afterwards they can be killable.

well I hope that helps, and again if i got somethign wrong in my assumptions correct me ) and if im not so good at explaining things ask away i can try again :)

kdsphantom

• 3 weeks later...

ok well i have set "Hero's" faction to Prey and "Villan's" faction to predator. i have ran a script and they both spawn at the same time about 3 steps away from each other.

the only thing is they are not fighting, they are just standing there!

i take it there must be more to it than just the factions. how do i get them to engage in battle?

Try adding:

AssignCommand(GetObjectByTag("Attacker_tag"),ActionAttack(GetObjectByTag("Prey_Tag")));

i added this line, of course adding the correct tags in, to the spawn script of one of the two that i want to have fight, but still nothing, they still just stand there.

thanks for replying quick with that code Darth333, but it looks like i still need more help to get them to fight.

help, any more ideas?

Archived