Home

ZeroX2 and OJP Conflicts/RGB sabers (split from JAWAS 4TW)

Kurgan

The saber textures in it conflict with something I have, and I don't have the time to go through all my files to see which is conflicting (though being able to see other people's sabers through walls can be helpful). I wouldn't call RGB sabers a fix.

Well the "conflict" is not the fault of basejka or OJP, but of some other saber mod you're using (moviebattles 2 or Forcemod 3 perhaps?). It's generally not a good idea to store multiple code mods in your /base/ folder anyway. Put them in seperate folders and run them from the mod menu...

Since it's a saber glitch you're talking about, it's probably a saber mod causing it... you should take out your saber mods and put them in seperate folders. It shouldn't take long, actually. You know what pk3's basejka uses.. the 'assets' files. You know what pk3's OJP uses, they are clearly labelled.

RGB sabers isn't a fix per se, it's a new feature, but guess what? You don't have to use it! And it has no affect on gameplay, it's merely visual.

Your post sounded like you were saying basejka was superior, but then you admit you're using mods (causing conflicts). Like it or not, when you play on Meatgrinder, you're playing OJP. Point is, the gameplay is the same. Even the new (optional) game modes that were added (notice "added" not replaced!) come straight from Jedi Outcast (CTY, Holocron, JM).

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.

OJP let's you use the regular saber colors (you can use presets or RGB in the same mod!). You are not forced to use RGB sabers, it's just an option in the mod. Do you get up close to a person's saber blade and analyze it to make sure it's not one of the basic colors? Otherwise I don't see why this would be a problem. Just saying. ;)

I imagine if you're having conflicts and you're unwilling to find out which one is the problem your base folder is probably pretty cluttered. How many pk3's do you have in there? It shouldn't be too hard to pick out which mods have saber modifications in them...

I just think it's odd that you'd be running a saber mod, but then turn around and say you "prefer the basejka sabers." So really you shouldn't be running that conflicting mod anyway! (if it's a saber mod, but it most likely is).

I can't force you to use OJP, but I think you've got some misconceptions about the mod that are preventing you from giving it a fair hearing, that's all.

You are not forced to use RGB sabers, it's just an option in the mod.

You're forced to see other people's RGB sabers.

Do you get up close to a person's saber blade and analyze it to make sure it's not one of the basic colors?

Yes. Yes, I do.

So really you shouldn't be running that conflicting mod anyway!

I don't have any saber mods. >_>

Okay you've made your point then. Since you don't like to see OTHER saber blade colors than the defaults...

Is that why you only play CTF with us? So you can only see blue and red?

Each to his own I guess. But it's odd that you'd snub all the other improvements of the mod simply because of the saber blade colors.

Incidentally, you wouldn't see these "non-standard colors" in Team FFA or Siege either.

If you're not using any saber mods, why is there a conflict? List the pk3's you've got and I may be able to point out for you which one is the problem. (If you don't feel like typing them all out, take a screencap and email it to me (kurganx@comcast.net) or post the link.

In the time it took to argue this, you probably could have solved the problem by now, btw. ;)

Is that why you only play CTF with us? So you can only see blue and red?

I do play the other modes from time to time, but I mainly play CTF since I prefer CTF. >_>

But it's odd that you'd snub all the other improvements of the mod simply because of the saber blade colors.

I like the improvements of OJP, but the saber texture conflict is too much hassle. I also personally dislike some other settings on Meatgrinder, such as the automatic team balancer.

In the time it took to argue this, you probably could have solved the problem by now, btw. ;)

Hush. I'll have another look at my pk3s then, but I've already been through them, and I'm sure I couldn't find the problem.

I like the improvements of OJP, but the saber texture conflict is too much hassle. I also personally dislike some other settings on Meatgrinder, such as the automatic team balancer.

Well the reason we have the auto team balancer is because prior to that we had endless whining about the teams being unbalanced. People were either insistent on joining the team that was winning, or they didn't know how to change teams. Or else it was clan guys who wanted to "gang up" on everyone else all the time. Unbalanced teams were the #2 complaint on the server before OJP was introduced (and we played mostly team based games back then too).

Razor is working on improving the balancer, but I think the game is vastly improved with it vs. without.

Hush. I'll have another look at my pk3s then, but I've already been through them, and I'm sure I couldn't find the problem.

Hundreds of other people have had the same problem as you (maybe thousands). We deal with them all the time on the forums. We can only help you help yourself. It sounds to me like if the saber conflict were fixed, you'd be a lot better off ;)

The problem IS caused by a conflict, not by OJP itself. I don't have this problem, nor do most people who use the mod. It's because you, like many other people, dump lots of files into your base folder and then forget about them. That is what leads to conflicts (well and of course not every mod maker is as conscientious as the next, but that's where the individual user has to use discretion when installing).

Well the reason we have the auto team balancer is because prior to that we had endless whining about the teams being unbalanced. People were either insistent on joining the team that was winning, or they didn't know how to change teams. Or else it was clan guys who wanted to "gang up" on everyone else all the time. Unbalanced teams were the #2 complaint on the server before OJP was introduced (and we played mostly team based games back then too).

I know there are a lot of problems with unbalanced teams, but I always end up getting switched for no reason on Meatgrinder (even when the other team has more human players already, and the score is even), and I end up locked in a team switching war with the balancer. =( It's even more annoying when you get switched while carrying the flag.

Razor is working on improving the balancer, but I think the game is vastly improved with it vs. without.

I might prefer it with a few tweaks, but at the moment I personally dislike it.

The problem IS caused by a conflict, not by OJP itself.

I know. I'll have another look in a minute.

It's because you, like many other people, dump lots of files into your base folder and then forget about them.

I don't do that! I know exactly what files I have and what they do. As I said, I'll have another look for the conflicting file in a minute.

Possibly. >_>

Last off topic post - Kurgan, I found the conflicting file. An 'ojp_animations' (or something) file had magically appeared in my base folder. Deleting that seemed to do the trick. But now I don't have the advantage of seeing lightsabers through walls. ;)

OJP Animations I believe is only used by "Enhanced." Without it some of the moves (like the wall grab) look wrong. So it's safe to remove it for purposes of joining the server (which normally only runs basic... remember "Enhanced" changes gameplay.. it's a whole new saber combat system! Thus it requires the client side mod in order to join).

Good find! So it proves me (sort of) wrong. OJP was the problem, just not the ones I was thinking of! (Basic)

Cool!

OJP Animations I believe is only used by "Enhanced." Without it some of the moves (like the wall grab) look wrong. So it's safe to remove it for purposes of joining the server (which normally only runs basic... remember "Enhanced" changes gameplay.. it's a whole new saber combat system! Thus it requires the client side mod in order to join).

Good find! So it proves me (sort of) wrong. OJP was the problem, just not the ones I was thinking of! (Basic)

Cool!

Was the filename called "ojp_animations_002b8.pk3"? That's the only animations file that I've released that I know of. If that was in your base folder, it should NOT have caused any conflicts. The contents of that file don't have anything to do with the saber blade files.

LOVE THE JAWAS

Was the filename called "ojp_animations_002b8.pk3"?

It's difficult to remember the name, but I believe it was.

Is there some sort of OJP cvar to enable/disable unnecessary 'features' such as the RGB sabers, true view, and the like?

Edit: Heh, I decided to download OJP Basic beta 9, in the hope that there was some cvar to disable certain features. I then connected to Meatgrinder, and the saber textures are messed up again. Deleting OJP fixes it.

(Don't) LOVE THE JAWAS

Sounds like you still have a conflicting hilt or blade file. Not sure what it could be as I don't have your computer available to me.

As for RGB sabers or true view, there's no way to disable them because you don't have to use them if you don't want to. I suppose you do sort of have a point about having to see the RGB sabers of other players, but you're the first one to complain about it. I suggest you actually TRY it first before making judgement.

Sounds like you still have a conflicting hilt or blade file.

I don't.

I suggest you actually TRY it first before making judgement.

I have.

As for RGB sabers or true view, there's no way to disable them because you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

If there's no way to disable them, then never mind. Meatgrinder works perfectly if I don't have the OJP mod myself.

So you still haven't located the conflicting file? C'mon, you need to look harder... I even offered to help!

PS: I think it's time to split this topic off and send it to OJP forum. Then we can talk freely without upsetting the Jawa fans. ;)

...Ummm...

Somebody needs to look in the pk3s.

There are NO textures that conflict with base sabers in OJP 'except' blurglow and blurcore, and those are the exact same as the defaults (which makes me question WHY THEY ARE THERE).

However, there IS a chance that there is a SHADER problem. If the weapon shaders are not loaded, nasty stuff happens.

If there is a SINGLE MISTAKE in any shader file (even ones that have jack to do with sabers), it can mess up other shader files. Since OJP has new shader files for sabers, it loads after the original. A shader file may have come ahead of the original sabers and have an error that did not show up because of its later appearance.

By any chance, are your sabers seemingly composed of black and white blocks if you load OJP?

If so, by any chance do you have Jimesu Evil's Samurai model?

As it stands, it is not OJP's fault. There are no breaking conflicts except two new shader files, which indicates that you have a broken shader somewhere.

By any chance, are your sabers seemingly composed of black and white blocks if you load OJP?

Right.

If so, by any chance do you have Jimesu Evil's Samurai model?

Nope.

So you still haven't located the conflicting file? C'mon, you need to look harder... I even offered to help!

I just removed all unofficial pk3s from my base folder, and I still have the problem. If I delete the full OJP mod from my gamedata folder, and let Meatgrinder give me the client version, it works perfectly. If I attempt to get the full version, it messes up.

Wait, so you're not running any mods, (Other than OJP Basic) and you have ONLY assets pk3's in your base, and you're still getting the error?

That can't be right, unless you modified your assets pk3's (which is a big no-no)... or you've got some corrupted video drivers (couldn't hurt to update just in case!).

Archived