Home

Everyone hear about 3dfx?

Keyan Farlander

you're always confused. I guess only time will tell about what will happen to the quality of merchandise.

------------------

"Noobies Suck"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Not Nvidia!!! Damn... The only thing Nvidia does well is f*ck $hit up!

------------------

*Joker, to the helicopter gunner*

"How can you shoot women, and children?"

"Easy! You just don't lead 'em so much!!!"

-Full Metal Jacket

This post has been brought to you by nitro.gifNitro nitro.gif

they figured since they had a reputation, the people would accept anything they put out

------------------

"Noobies Suck"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

I agree with Keyan. Just by facing the facts , 3Dfx was the king of the hill when it used to manufacture accelerators cards only. The minute it walked into the combo cards field, it had serious problems. The Voodoo 2 was the last top card the company released.

Although I'm a huge nVidia supporter, now that the adversary is out of the way, it does not bode well. Monopoly has never been good for the consumers...

------------------

"No matter how pretty the bait,

a hook is still a hook !"

TZG+7

Voodoo2 a top card? I hate it! That thing worked like it should for only a month, then after months of calling tech support and email correspondence with the manufacturer, I gave up and returned the card to the retailer. The same weekend I got me a Viper V550 and I still haven't had a single problem with it.

Go nVIDIA!!!

Guest chewie's hairbrush

This is baaaaaad. nVidia have been kicking 3dfxs ass for ages but I want to see someone for nVidia to worry about. If matrox had bought out 3dfx then it might have been game on but now....

Oh dear, oh dear.

------------------

Real Men Don't Sig

Join the XWA SETI@Home Team

Guest Hans The Great

This is very bad news. I've been buying 3DFx cards for years with great success. This will stifle competition which is always bad for the consumer.

*points .44 Desert Eagle at Rune*

Are you concerned now?

I've got a 12mb Voodoo2 and it's always performed ok if a little underpowered to my expectations. Now I've just bought a 32mb Nvidia TNT2 M64 (replacing my ancient Nvidia Viper V330) and it kicks the absolute crapola out of the Voodoo2.

nVidia is great man, besides Dianmond is still around and they make great cards, so its the big 3 now, honestly, 3Dfx wasn't putting up much competition with their crappy cards, most people I nkow stopped considering their cards PERIOD since they've sucked so bad the last year or so.

Archived