Home

wind+snow=frozen *****

Darth Sceltor

Guest Rune Haako

Originally posted by paulbarnard:

What happened in Alabama is one for evolution. Too stupid to get out of the way of a tornado or find reasonable shelter from one, then you were selected by nature as unfit. I'm glad actually. It's an improvement on the gene pool there. Now, if only I could get a plane to crash into every Southern Baptist Church on Sunday morning....

Hey! I'm in Alabama right now! And I'm 100% pure Yankee!

Originally posted by Jem:

Over here it's really hot: 31 degrees Celsius (or higher) every day. Sometimes,when it's really hot, I go to the beach...

Anyways I prefer winter, cold, snow, blizzard and all that.

31c hot? Where are you hailing from Jem?

That's a nice cool day Down Under. We've had some nice weather lately, 32c - 37c, great outdoor working weather. Of course if it edges up near 39c - 44c like it does in summer then it's time to hit the beach. It's amazing how a few degrees of heat make the difference between work and slacking off biggrin.gif

------------------

"Peace through Superior Firepower"

TK's OPT Factory

Guest Dj Skywalka

I love snow I hate coming to school while there's snow outside. I hate driving to school risking injuries. I'd rather take these finals after Christmas break. I'd also rather be at Adi's. Yeah that's where I wanna be. Screw this so-called learning crap.

------------------

Dj Skweejie

-Two wrongs don't make a right but four lefts make a circle.

I like the snow, and cold doesn't bother me outside.

Unfortunately, the heat in my apartment is controlled by computer. It shuts off is the temperature rises above zero. Fine in theory, but yesterday's "heat snap" of +3 is not warm enough to be without heat. I was wearing three frickin' layers and gloves as I sat here writing a take-home exam.

The warm snap yesterday was enough to melt all the snow, then last night, the temperature dropped way down to about -25 (+ windchill). It was snowing here this morning with wind gusts hard enough to shake this ancient deathtrap that I'm living in.

I still have Christmas shopping, groceries, and an exam to write (this Thursday), so staying home isn't an option. Apparently the concept of putting sand/gravel/salt on sidewalks never developped in Ottawa; there are two stretches from here to campus that are impassable. We're talking about an inch of perfectly smooth glare ice on frickin' inclines! mad.gif

Plus the City of Ottawa has chosen now to tear up a good chunk of sidewalk that I now have to take a five-minute detour around (it's near a bridge that I need to cross, so I can't just walk past but have to come at it from a completely different direction).

Oh, and did I mention that the streets in my little slice of the city (being out of the main thouroughfares) aren't plowed until ll:00 P-frickin'-M?

------------------

Paranoia is good. At least you think they're paying attention to you.

I haven't had any snow since possibly the Ice Age. Even then it's doubtfull...

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Archived