Home

I was right - pay to play is here

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Having read through the press releases for SWG, I have noticed that the game has indeed become a 'pay to play' game without question.

You can run around, free until you hit level 10 then either pay the normal fee to continue, or get the Starter Kit, which takes you upto level 30.

If you are a Jedi, you won't actually get your lightsaber until level 30. So you have to pay to get your saber!! In addition to this, any higher level players who are level 70-80 MUST get Trials Of Obi Wan to grind and reach level 90 otherwise it will take months of grinding to just get an extra level (something I am experiencing now).

Here is a game that has a small community when compared to other MMORPGs and it seems to be the testing ground for all SOEs botched ideas. They are showing no respect for the Star Wars licence and its about time they did.

I dont know if the fees have gone up yet, but i am looking to find this out.

DMUK

Tsk... I hate sony's ways of business. It's one product, and alot of side products (aka. expansions in SWG) that you should/have to buy.

Same thing with playstation. Memory cards and extra gamepads is ****ing expensive! This is some ****, and I do not hope that people will buy that ****ed up starter kit!!

do you have a link to an official press release that states, specifically, that this is what is going to be implimented? ATM, they have 10 day free trail, then the starter kit on the 22 (?). I havnt read anywhere yet that states, without a doubt that this is going to be the games direction.

do you have a link to an official press release that states, specifically, that this is what is going to be implimented? ATM, they have 10 day free trail, then the starter kit on the 22 (?). I havnt read anywhere yet that states, without a doubt that this is going to be the games direction.

Same here

But i wouldnt put anything past them..one way to close the game quicker i suppose

But i'm still sure the game will go to "station exchange",nothing more,nothing less

Guest DarthMaulUK

There isnt a press release and its something they probably wont release. But if you look back at John Smedleys interview about this upcoming 'free to play' game, that will also charge for additional weapons and levels - that game is Galaxies.

Example.

If you download the trial, and select Jedi, you can reach level 10 - free

However, to progress any further, you will need to take out a subscription. At this point, you wont have a lightsaber.

Or, if you purchase the Starter Kit, you can play until level 30 - and as a Jedi, you wont have your lightsaber. Again you will need to sign up to the game to play any further and benefit from the enjoyment of owing a lightsaber.

If you all all that, once you reach level 80 (a giant task), you will need Trials Of Obi Wan to get your hands on better lightsabers (loot drop only on Mustafar) and to ease the pain of taking longer to grind, the Lava flea missions kick out huge XP to make your trip to level 90 better.

DMUK

I have noticed that you gain levels faster then you use to.. Hmm wonder if they are trying to make me pay faster for their little evil scheme? These people are worse than AOhell!!!

Yeah, I thought I noticed that too. It's just their way to make a little extra cash before the game goes to hell.

Archived