Home

Hitch Hikers Gudie Galaxy/American Humor

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Guest Jabba The Hunt

One douglas adams believes that the Ford Prefect joke was wasted on many americans and they just took it as a misspelling of perfect. I just thought I would ask is this is correct or not.

------------------

If you've don six impossible things today, why not have breakfast at milliways (The Resarant at the end of the Universe)

*Initializing decription mode*

Douglas Adams believes that the 'Ford Prefect' joke was wasted on many Americans because they just took it as a misspelling of 'perfect'. I just thought I would ask is this is correct or not.

Just afew minor modifications and it makes sense!

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Guest Jabba The Hunt

The name of the character from the hitch hikers gudie to the galaxy is called Ford Prefect - This was a saloon car when the book was writen however it never made it to america. You can now see that ford prefect misunderstood the dominate life form!

------------------

If you've don six impossible things today, why not have breakfast at milliways (The Resarant at the end of the Universe)

Apparently none of us have ever read a Douglass Adams book.

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Guest Jabba The Hunt

A while ago my sig was "42?" you all said that you know what this meant e.g the answer to life the universe and everything. I thought that most people on this board knew what I was talking about I now see that I was wrong

p.s. my knew sig is the sloogon for the resuarant at the end of the universe!

------------------

Guest Coffeebean_uk

Personaly I think that American humor has no place in british culture. (Sorry all you yanks.) But all of the amarican writers etc. are ruining our industry.

------------------

Lestes constase mit column cantes.

Dont know what it means but it sounds good!

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Well, America still hasn't recovered from Monty Python being aired on PBS in the seventies. This 'pollution' thing works both ways, yunnow...

biggrin.gif

It takes a VERY special type of American to make heads or tales of "English" comedy.

And none of you POSER Rowan Atkinson fans counted.... biggrin.gif I was watching Mr. Bean on PBS three years before they were going to make a movie...

And I don't see HOW American comedy could possibly drag British Comedy down...i've seen a lot of BOTH. British comedy, like their food, sucks.

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited January 10, 2001).]

I think that people are reading way too much into the whole name thing. I think that Douglas Adams was a genius, but you have to have a very dry sense of humor to get his books. By the way, I happen to like some of Monty Python's stuff, although it can get pretty dumb!! Some american humor is pretty stupid too though. Ex. Southpark. Need I say more?? Canadian humor is where it's at. (The Royal Canadian Air Farce!!) tongue.gif

Archived