Home

For all you Battlefield 2 players who like science-fiction

Dagobahn Eagle

And now I mean science-fiction beyond the US army equipment and weaponry:p.

Warp: Dimensional War is a futuristic Total Conversion for the game which transforms it into a science-fiction setting in which the humans, who have ventured into a "Second Age of Exploration" and are colonizing space and building fleets of huge space-ships, run into a race called the Hybrid. The Hybrids happen to be in a state of crisis, and realize that the Warp Gates used by the humans actually would suit their needs perfectly fine.

But humans have never been known to be too reliable when it comes to interaction with new people...

Anyways, Warp will feature both single-player and multi-player (SP will be RTS-style in some way, from how I understand it), with a story-line that evolves with every release, and some intense space battles with everything from enormous 350-men freighters and battleships to tiny fighters and repair craft. Originally, the modification was going to take place 100% in space and on board ships, but this was changed some time ago, so only the first release will be all-cosmos.

Space battle's been improved over that of Galactic Conquest (yes, most of the dev' team comes from the testers and developers of that fabulous '42 mod'), with zero-gravity (not on board ships, just for fighters and the like), an "invisible ground" that, unlike the one in GC, won't kill you when you hit it but merely make you bounce off of it.

Either way, it looks darned sweet, both the shots and the concept itself (I love the little ship with the huge saw:D). The site has a pretty good FAQ (I wrote it:o, although I'm not a member yet) with some more useful information.

If you've played Galactic Conquest, it should give you a rough idea of what to expect.

potm.jpg

Links

Warp: The Dimensional War

More screens

PlanetBattlefield played Warp - rating of 94%!

Galactic Conquest - For the nostalgia of it (it's pretty dead now:()

Safe-Keeper?! Damn... all this time that I've been here (mostly lurking, admittedly), and I never realised it was you.

Wokky! Hey!

Heh, likewise, I'd never have known that was you (even if you use the same avatar over there - you do, right :confused: ). That's the Internet for you:o.

As for Warp again, I'm now a member as the sig tells you, in charge of writing news heads-ups and advertise the game. The game will be similar to Galactic Conquest in some ways, but different in others. I don't know exactly what I'm allowed to reveal yet:p.

Archived