Home

Good Star Wars Wallpaper for High Res?

JekRendar

Hi,

Star Wars wallpapers for high resolutions seems to be few and far between. My laptop's resolution is actually 1920 x 1200, however, I can usually find some good 1600 x 1200 wallpapers that still look good stretched, but even the 1600 x 1200 desktops are rare, and anything higher than that, in the case of Star Wars wallpapers are NON EXISTANT!

So, please, if you know of any site that features Star Wars wallpapers for higher resolutions, could you please point me to them? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
You can also make screenies of the movies or games and resize them to 1920x1200

Yeah, but they become stretched, which at times, isn't bad, but they become blurred; to the point, it just looks hideous to look at.

But, thanks for the help either way.

1900x1200! Crapoli! How big is your Laptop's screen? Or do you just like to squint? :D

1920x1200 is the max resolution for my Dell Inspiron 9300 17" laptop (16:10). It's an excellent monitor for gaming and movies; as well as reading two windows side by side. My only gribe is certain websites become stretched out, and just look funny because the screen is so big and the site(s) weren't designed for high res.

Ah, the price you pay for beauty.

I can see wanting to view 3d games at as high res as possible, but reading text like on your desktop or something must require some adjustment, that would be a pain, since for non-3d apps, it would just shrink things down. I've got a 19in lcd monitor which does me fine, but it's 4:3 ratio. I run basically everything in 1024x768. I tried 1280x1024 for a few games, and it did look better, but I figured the few extra FPS I save is fine, plus without the annoyance of having to auto-switch res's whenever I play.

If it's "widescreen" that's cool, but when it comes to PC games, the majority of them don't support that function, so it won't look right. Some next generation consoles have appealed to that niche market, but really Empire at War is the first computer game I've played that actually supports it. It's a fine idea, though. Each to his own I guess. ;)

• 2 months later...

If it's "widescreen" that's cool, but when it comes to PC games, the majority of them don't support that function, so it won't look right. Some next generation consoles have appealed to that niche market, but really Empire at War is the first computer game I've played that actually supports it. It's a fine idea, though. Each to his own I guess. ;)

Well the GTA games already support Widescreen since 1999 (GTA2), but yeah, EAW really is one of the only SW games with a widescreen option.

Archived